Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A long MP mission  (Read 1263 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
A long MP mission
« on: 18 Jun 2006, 21:06:47 »
Hey im planning to start work on a very long MP mission, so far ive got a kind of Blachk hawk down situation.

You start off with a downed blackhawk with enemy soldiers closing in. The other squad must come and secure your position and get you extracted.
I dont want this to be a simple coop though, i want it nice and long with lots and lots of action.

I plan on the first squad with the downed chopper with enemy closing in.
The other squad starts a few miles away with humves and light armour, they must move in and secure the blackhawk. However i plan on having several different mine fields, tnaks roaming about to make your life even harder so you are in combat getting there and the mission can be acomplished in many different ways.

But i want this to be a nice long mission so i plan on giving the enemy HD weapons and the soldiers you play as with normal wepaons, so combat is nice and long without your side having many casualties. Im looking for this mission to be over 30mins atleast, but how can i acheive this without the mission becoming boring of just holding one place for 30mins or so.

Please post any ideas you may have to make this mission any bettter.

GavinP

Re: A long MP mission
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2006, 09:44:55 »
Without knowing all the details, its a bit difficult to suggest anything, but for starters:

Have the guys around the blackhawk have to go out and link up with stragglers from another mission, bring them back to the blackhawk wreck to be picked up by the convoy.

Straight out of BHD, have a technical which needs to be taken down outside of effective range. (Maybe a mortar, which makes it more plausible why they have to go out and find it, rather than just shoot it from their location)

While either of these two 'sub tasks' are being performed, have another wave of attack at the blackhawk.