Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WW2 Campaign  (Read 1694 times)

DAN 92

WW2 Campaign
« on: 30 Dec 2005, 14:56:52 »
Right heres the problem i'm doing a ww2 campaign which featerures from normandy to holland then to Foy and then up to the end of the war but, i had doudts about how much MB its gonna be and the amount of addons you'll need so i came up with this i do normandy as a seperate campaign then i do holland as a seperate campaign and then Foy seperate and then the events after the war as another seperate one but it will continue the same storeyline what do you think should i do it all as 1 campaign or all seperate all after the other what do you think...

marcus3

Re:WW2 Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2005, 17:41:37 »
mmm.....that would be one big bugger of a campaign, lolz, i think it should be in 3 differnt campaigns, that way when beta test'ing u dont have to redo the whole pbo.

jBrereton

« Reply #2 on: 01 Jan 2006, 15:08:04 »
Nice plan!

Could you have one campaign from the part of a German Unteroffizer/a lesser rank if you must, two British Sergeants/lower rank if you must and also maybe a French Resistance guy?

That way, you could have the invasion of Holland (the German guy), Normandy from the British point of view (I'm quite bored of Omaha, to be honest), with a couple of missions being from the point of a crack Glider squad and the results of their missions affecting the final assault on one of the British beaches. That could be good.

And I know very little about Foy, so don't ask me about that :P

I would say that, whilst one long campaign would be great, the problem with it, as Big Boss Marcus said, would be ironing out all of those little pain-in-the-arse bugs when you have one super-long campaign.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2006, 01:27:49 »
For your first campaign half a dozen missions is more than enough.     Make that first - it's a big enough job in itself - and then, if you want, you can include it in a subsequent campaign.   There is no virtue in being over-ambitious.   There are many, many unfinished campaigns out there:  a finished short campaign is much better than an unfinished - and therefore wasted - long one.

There are about a million bad beach assault missions already so please don't start with one of those.

Decide on a list of addons you are going to use, and stick to it.   There are a couple of WW2 mods out there and it might be a good plan just to use one of those.   Mixing and matching will just put people off, even if you can sort out the addon errors that will arise.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

DAN 92

« Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2006, 22:26:46 »
yea ty for advice m8 i agree i'm gonna finish the campaign even if it takes years

Conors

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2006, 20:10:54 »
Arnhem

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2006, 20:25:52 »
i agree with Macguba there dont make your first campaign huge you will only start to regret it later on like me when you start to learn alot more stuff you will need to go through all the missions updating them on the way more bugs will slip in and so on its very anoying if i was you i would make a small 6 mission camapaign for a first my first camapign is 20missions long and im starting to regret it but it shall be finished soon