Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problems Using Addons  (Read 1117 times)

Victor1234

Problems Using Addons
« on: 26 Dec 2005, 02:35:31 »
Well, I'm having trouble using some addons, and since they were made by different authors, I'm led to believe that the problem has to do with the way I install the addons  :)

So to outline my problem, I downloaded the Liberation 41-45 mod, Fi156 Storch addon, Me-109 addon and the Luftwaffe Pilot addon. Now, I wanted to use the 3 addons with the mod, so I follow the instructions, and install everything to the Liberation mod/addon subfolder. The Me-109 mod works perfectly, everything is good. The Luftwaffe pilot addon apparantely works, but I can't place a Luftwaffe pilot onto the map with the editor, yet somehow when placing an Me-109, the Luftwaffe pilot is the pilot....then, the Fi156 Storch is not working at all, despite me confirming that all the 5 necessary files are in the addon folder of the Liberation mod subfolder.....

Now, for those who knows these mods(and the fact that the Lib Mod puts Germans on the West side and that these addons put these units on the East side), I tried both sides of units, and the Luftwaffe pilot and Fi156 Storch were missing from both sides.....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Victor

PS: Forgot to add this, but the Tiger (PZVI) download at http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.3809
also doesn't work. Since it was the only one for the Tiger that I could find, I'd really, really appreciate another link where I could download. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2005, 03:12:20 by Victor1234 »

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re:Problems Using Addons
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jan 2006, 13:20:59 »
i dont know the addon, but if the unit will actually create, etg as the pilot in a plane, then the classname exists in the addon, the maker probably just forgot to set its scope correctly, you may find that it is possible to createunit the unit type, but for that you will have to find the classname which should be listed in the addon readme, failing that de pbo the addon to find it

Normally an addo deemed "not to work" means it wont load / crash the server etc, all you have is a classname not listed in the mission editor

the addon would appear to work
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2006, 13:22:12 by Terox »
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123