Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Resignature Tools BETA  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Resignature Tools BETA
« on: 22 Dec 2005, 09:49:11 »
the accompanying zip file contains two DOS console exe routines to change the signature of (1) a specific file (header.bin) and (2) generic changes.

THIS IS BETA

if you don't know what you're doing, if you don't know about dos consoles, don't even attempt to use these files. A reasonable quality tool WILL be made for everyone at a later date. Right now, these are on test to iron out wrinkles.

ChangeUser.exe does what it says it does. You can download an ARmissions (eg) and change the user in header.bin to YOU rather than change to the ARmissions user. Ditto, any other 'savegame' you've snatched from your brother.

gensig.exe is a general purpose signature changer. It's current intent is for people, who have a modest idea of what they are doing, to modify items like mission.par to point to directories other than templates\ (using a hex editor)

This field is wild open and new. The attempt here is to start getting some sanity in missions that you and others create so that we can distribute them easily for others to play.

Hoz and I have had several long, tedious, offline conversations about sorting all this stuff out. We are opening it up now for others to join in (using these tools) so that we can all benefit from the discussion.

Enjoy
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2006, 07:27:52 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Re:Resignature Tools BETA
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2005, 03:18:13 »
This is version 1.1 of changeuser.

as far as we can see, the road is now open. Using this (dos) tool, you should be able to change ANY mission off the internet into your own mission area without further fuss.

A gui will be available shortly, once we know the 'theories' present inside this version are known to be correct. Testing is appreciated folks.

we need a readme for this stuff, which I am hoping hoz will supply

FULL SOURCE IS AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO REQUEST IT
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2006, 07:27:15 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2005, 03:40:47 »
I do have a tutorial almost completed, just going to run through some tests with the updated changeuser then I'll submit to the ED.

thanks for all your hard work :D
Xbox Rocks

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2005, 05:27:43 »

I've uploaded a tutorial on using the changeuser application. Its simple and straightforward.

It can be found at
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=939
Xbox Rocks

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2005, 08:22:38 »
ChangeUser V1.2 is the final. It *also* alters SaveMeta.xbx to the correct ProfileName.

it contains

Hoz's write up, my readme, and of course, V1.2

This release will now also be sent to Editors Depot for public use.

« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2006, 07:26:07 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2005, 15:18:59 »
Good Job :)
Xbox Rocks

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2006, 23:02:04 »
This resource can now be downloaded here:

- GenSig for Elite by Mikero
Another PC command line program, that can be used to re sign ANY file in Xbox Flashpint Elite so that the signatures will be correct.

Mikero... you may like to remove your zip attachment from your original post, above.

Thanks  ;D

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2006, 07:29:05 »
all files deleted from posts and topic is now locked

refere to RichUK's post above for the location of the submitted, and finalised versions of these files.
Just say no to bugz