Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: all disembark  (Read 765 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
all disembark
« on: 12 Dec 2005, 19:30:05 »
okay ive got some mission were you are inserted into an LZ by a blackhawk ive got snYpirs stop script slowing down the choppers ready for their disembark order just before they are told to disembark i have a trigger telling them to fly at about 5m using this flyinheight 5
they do all fine but when the disembark order is given the choppers gain altitude to about 20 then disembark their troops slowing down the whole insertion where i want a nice quick insertion is there anyway of getting around it ?

cheers

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
Re:all disembark
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2005, 19:45:54 »
I've always found choppers to behave best when using the BAS fastins.sqs that comes with the Blackhawks.

Help the chopper by putting an invisible H next to the waypoint and try and be sympathetic with the terrain, ie clear of trees and hills if possible. You probably won't need to mess around with other scripts and triggers that way.

It never works the same way twice though, damn choppers.  :)
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2005, 20:48:30 »
It never works the same way twice though, d**n choppers.

exactly ive managed to get it perfect once worked once and then i tried again and the chopper flew into a tree and blew up  ;D

anyway ill have a look at that script by any chance do you have a copy of it because i dont want to download the blackhawks just to get it but if i do thats fine

cheers

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2005, 11:33:28 »
What I tend to do is get some of the object ID's around the LZ and blow them up to clear the LZ of any annoying trees that decide to destroy your chopper on landing  >:(

The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2005, 20:56:22 »
well where im having the choppers land is full of tress is there an easy way to destroy all the trees in a selected trigger area as finding the object id for all the trees then destroying them will take a long time

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2005, 21:42:22 »
Is this the script you're using?  

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=316

I ask because I don't recall any use of triggers as you describe with this script...it simplifies everything immensely and should be required for all missions involving choppers.

If so, I dunno what to tell you...tried placing some invisible H's?  As far as killing trees, you can either take the time to get all the IDs and kill them all in a script - which really doesn't take *that* long - or you can camcreate some nice LGBs over the area to clear it out.

Or, if enemies are nearby, set the choppers to careless, hold fire - enemies tend to spook them into not cooperating.

Choppers are annoying little bastards and things need to be just right for them to cooperate...

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 13 Dec 2005, 23:02:24 »
hey yep that is the script im using but i cancel it when the chopper is about 3m of the ground because i always got an error which i couldnt get rid of so i thought i would have the script cancelled when the choppers close to the ground
ive got the choppers already with careless and never fire
and ive got some invisible H's

im going to try clearing the trees i think the problem may be that the transport unload WP is conflicting with the script so ive thought of a way around it, where i once the chopper is about 2m off the ground i use a switch trigger which is activated by a variable which cancles the chopper move waypoint and changes to a transport unload waypoint
not sure if it will work but its worth a go

thanks for your help

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #7 on: 13 Dec 2005, 23:25:19 »
Hmm, I'd recommend seeing if you can straighten out the script, because it seems like you're overcomplicating things.  I just took a quick look at the demo mission in the editor and the chopper's WPs need to be MOVE wps with a bunch of stuff in the 'on activation' field corresponding to the name of the chopper which uses that WP.

It took me a while to edit it and get it running - there's a lot of stuff to be named and keeping track of what was what turned out to be the problem I had.  Once I straightened all that out it worked like a charm.

I'd say get a chopper working properly on desert island and then paste it into your mission, making necessary adjustments.

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2005, 01:03:38 »
Welcome back SEAL.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 14 Dec 2005, 19:31:26 »
thats how i did it i merged the demo mission which came with the script into my mission
its to do with my transport unload waypoint but when i change it to a move i get errors so ive found my self a way around this problem and it works great just a tiny bit too slow but still very fun+hard insertion
thanks guys
topic solved