Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: rappeling  (Read 814 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
rappeling
« on: 09 Dec 2005, 19:13:50 »
erm... i think this is the right place not sure move if needed and sorry if it is in the wrong place

anyway ive looked at the different rappelling scripts and i cant find a decent one which requires no addons
most of the others which dont require addons the soldiers usually just plumit to their death or they go down head first which looks really bad

i cant use addons so dont suggest Blip's or the one from snYpirs support pack because they both require addons

anyway are there any good ones which work decent instead of the soldiers dying

LoTekK

Re:rappeling
« Reply #1 on: 09 Dec 2005, 19:25:47 »
I dunno, one of my senior instructors at OCS did a headfirst heli-rappel to kick off our first rapelling session, and it looked pretty badass to us. :p

Uh, should probably say something on-topic. I don't know if there are any addon-free rapelling scripts floating around (I'm sure there are), but if not, couldn't you just modify the existing ones available?
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2005, 19:28:24 by LoTekK »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 09 Dec 2005, 19:33:35 »
hey well head first rappelling doesnt look very good in ofp when theres no rope  ;D

anyway ive looked at the other rappelling scripts about but none really look decent they all just fly dwn to earth with no rope but thats what i expect for no addons but none play an animation or anything which makes it look at all good

ill try modifying one of the existing ones

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 09 Dec 2005, 22:57:22 »
There are some good, addon-free ones in the ed depot, just search or browse the appropriate category.

However, there is no rope included in OFP by default, so if you want a rope, you will have to use an addon. So you're pretty much going to have to choose which is more important to you: not using addons, or having a visible rope.  :-X
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2005, 21:10:16 »
okay ive looked through the scripts and havent found anything really good enough without addons and i dont want to use addons so i think i will find myself a way around this maybe a paradrop

anyway thanks for your help people

topic solved