Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need more active mission testers  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
Need more active mission testers
« on: 05 Nov 2005, 03:51:47 »
I have noticed that the mission that needs to be reviewed are stacking up since last month.  We need more mission testers.

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
Re:Need more active mission testers
« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2005, 04:44:59 »
RL stacks up quite a bit, and since this is a volunteer job, wherein we don't get paid ( :'( ), then our jobs, school or what not have to come first.

To answer your statement though, yes, more reviewers would be appealing. But patience is the answer. We will in time manage to slug through the pending list, it just takes a few days... weeks... years...  ::)

In fact, on my calendar for this weekend I have some time slated for mission reviewing.

"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2005, 05:24:17 »
Just a suggestion but I think it would be a lot easier if you just let anyone review any mission and then add a link on whatever mission that some one reviewed for something like "View unoffical reviews" and then just keep the official review on the front page of the mission. This may be a lot of work but I think it would be worth it.
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2005, 05:37:18 »
We actually have such a system implemented. :)

If you notice, there is a drop-down list of scores, and then a button that says 'Rate' on the Mission Details page. Then you just include your own un-official review using the 'Add Comment' box. Therefore, your review is visible under the official one, and you can input how you feel it should be rated. ;)
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2005, 06:28:13 »
Oh. Well than it was a good idea nonetheless!  :P
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2005, 15:43:40 »
 ;D

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #6 on: 05 Nov 2005, 21:57:52 »
I have noticed that the mission that needs to be reviewed are stacking up since last month.  We need more mission testers.

I have noticed it too ;)
Not all is lost.

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #7 on: 06 Nov 2005, 07:08:00 »
... and we have made a feeble attempt to respond. ;D

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2005, 16:45:07 »
i dont get why people wont do this i would be im too young but i could review half the missions pending within the month easily but oh well
your basically getting told to play OFP whats better then that  ;D

indeed but it is voulanterily (probaly spelt wrong) and since your not getting payed you do it in your own time and many epople dont have much time on their hands i suppose

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2005, 06:54:30 »
You guys think that the missions depot has a problem?

check the Addons Depot. they haven't had a new submission since the UKF DPM pack.
Cymbaline

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #10 on: 15 Nov 2005, 00:56:50 »
i dont get why people wont do this i would be im too young but i could review half the missions pending within the month easily but oh well

Easier said then done. I just tried last weekend.  :P

Part of the reason we also don't hire 17- people is because of immaturity. I'm not calling anyone immature here, but it's impossible to predict if any one person can be relied upon, can accept the responsibility of OFPEC staff, and can behave themselves. If they aren't reliable, responsible, and mature, we don't really have a use for them on staff. To help weed out some of this, e enacted the 18+ policy. Since an 18 year old is considered an adult, and he/she usually has to generally fend for themselves now, then they usually have good/decent responsibility etc .... you know the rest.

[NOTE]: That's my guestimate on it as an OFPEC member putting aside my position as staff temporarily. Artak can whip out the manual and give you the offical policy and whatnot. I don't speak for OFPEC per se on this one.  ;)
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2005, 00:58:24 by Tyger »