Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Special Forces  (Read 1689 times)

spec op man

Special Forces
« on: 12 Oct 2005, 21:59:04 »
Ive got a new idea how about a modern war combat island with erm.... lets say saddam huessin or osama bin laden in iraq and stuff modern weopons decent collapsable buildings realistic sounds with aircraft anyway a real desert environment with the few villages like mogadishu the somailian conflict just a few ideads

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Special Forces
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2005, 22:07:26 »
Ok, this isn't funny, please shorten your nick to something more reasonable.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

spec op man

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2005, 22:09:28 »
wot do you mean was judas more sensible

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2005, 22:51:08 »
have you looked at CAT afghanistan? it's pretty close. some missions in the missions' depot have pretty much what you're talking about, take a look.

*bedges puts on his moderator's hat*

on the nick front, i'm with planck. there's plenty of opportunity to let your individuality shine through - the signature and nickname are not really the place for it. i note also that you responded to his post in a less than respectful manner - we're mods for a reason y'know :P

have a care - our forums are very pleasant and informative places to be, and we like to keep it that way, yes?  8)
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2005, 10:04:42 by bedges »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2005, 02:54:23 »
I agree politic or religion names are not well suited here :-*

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2005, 22:46:08 »
I also agree. Keep religion and politics out of ofpec. A flame war resulting from a nick or sig or even post for that matter involving those topics is the last thing the mods need. :P

On the point of this topic, that genre actually has been done to death. There are many, many Middle Eastern addons and mods out there. Check out ofp.info. :)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2005, 23:35:02 »
Indeed.

Karl, or whatever your name is now, you have been asked twice to shorten your nick and you have failed to do it.    You were warned (by IM) that such behaviour was likely to result in a ban, and so it has.    Ignoring an instruction from a moderator is sure fire way of obtaining a ban.   Half following it (by at least removing the potentially offensive bit) is the same as half-ignoring the instruction, and half-ignoring an instruction is the same as ignoring it.

When you return you will have one opportunity to change your nick to something reasonable.    If you fail to take it you will receive a life ban.

I'll leave this thread open for on-topic replies, in the unlikely event of somebody having something original to say about modern desert warfare addons.

#Banned

« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2005, 23:52:10 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2005, 22:17:18 »
yeah, CAT Afganistan pritty much what you descibe there, and isn't there some sort of Iraq project with project UKF and others????

I may be completly wrong there BTW  ::)
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2005, 22:17:55 by El Fisho »