Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The REAL Stalker  (Read 982 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
The REAL Stalker
« on: 12 Oct 2005, 09:48:06 »
Before the ukranian team start developing their game: STALKER. I thinking about a Stalker game, but not like this. This is only a Doom-clone. But the REAL Stalker is very different. (Read the book! Strugatzkiy: Picnic on the roadside)

And OFP is a very good platform to this game. The main character walking, seaking in the ZONA (in OF a whole island) and there is no mosters and zombies and any other stupidity, but there are a lot of TRAPs!

The traps are invisible or almost invisible. The good stalker never run: sneak and watch. If the player run, can't see the traps... And the traps are deadly.

In the REAL Zona there is no mutant-rats and enemies. The Stalker no need gun! But he need tools for surviving. A lots of marker and food. The marker is need to throw it and it's moving can show the trap. If the marker flying normaly, the way is safe, but if it moving extraordinary, you must change direction.

There is a lot kind of traps. And the mission is collecting extraordinary stuffs (little, unknown gadget). The first Prize is the gold ball (or the room) where everything what you want is done. I can make a good mission or campaign with this addons.

Is it possible making TRAP addons? Which invisible (or very hard seeing) and can modify the flying of object? The markers can be modified hand grenades...
Fix bayonet!

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
Re:The REAL Stalker
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2005, 10:07:12 »
IIRC the CoC mines are very good. The FDF mod also comes with some mines.
But I'm not sure if you're talking about ordinary mines or some special traps.

I don't think this flying marker thing is possible in OFP, but the CoC mines are very small and you shouldn't run if you know that they are placed around you. If you move slow you can see them soon enough.

Maybe you know it already, someone else is working on a Stalker campaign called "Conspiracies". But it aims more for the Doom like Stalker and doesn't really use OFP's possibilities.