Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Shinobi ninja addon  (Read 1369 times)

Manz

Shinobi ninja addon
« on: 03 Oct 2005, 16:33:29 »
Hi.

is it possible to have the shinobi ninja scripts on a original unit?? :D

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:Shinobi ninja addon
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2005, 17:27:26 »
yes i think it would youll have to extract the scripts from the addon (permission maybe needed) then youll have to put it in your missions folder and then depending on the scriipts youll have to run them on the unit

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2005, 20:43:58 »
Not without a lot of fiddling.. SOmeone on the BI forums changed hte model path to the BMI Blackops, but the animations use custom selection names, so it's posible, but you need to redo the model selections

So, scripts, yes, animations, no :(
- Ben
Edit : Check the BI forum thread, the creator said your free to make modifications etc as long as you credit him fully. He also posted guide on changing the various bits of the scripts (To allow Mr Ninja to run higher up buildings etc etc)
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2005, 20:45:58 by DBR_ONIX »

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2005, 20:45:09 »
Hi.

is it possible to have the shinobi ninja scripts on a original unit?? :D

Not without editing the unit's model and config, as previously discovered on the BI forums.

It was a brilliant addon, unfortunatly it is really something that can't be applied to anything (due to framerate dependency), just another one of those "experimental" addons.

deke80

« Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2005, 19:46:41 »
hello there. I have talked to the creator of the ninja addon. and I have promission to edit it,
as long as I add hes name in a readme file and that much he earns atleast.
for what I understand it is possible to make every unit like the ninja addon.
but I am not sure how.

jumping on walls and so on is not that interesting to me , a fun thing to be able to do.
the thing I like about it is that you move with the weapon in it's fireing direction.
also go crunch with the ability to aim the gun properly I see as a really great thing.
so the game becomes more of a FPS then it was before and CQB is alot easyer.

in any case if just that part is possible to add to all units it will be enough for me.
and I suspect many would like that as well.
for me I think it would make a new aspect of the game.