Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Health Detection System HDS Rev 1.0  (Read 1827 times)

OberstSponz

Health Detection System HDS Rev 1.0
« on: 30 Sep 2005, 13:19:56 »
Hello folks,

feel free to try this. It's not a big deal but I was missing something like this in OFP. It mimics the HalfLife health check.

From the readme: HDS is a little script addon to announce your injury level (in percent) everytime you get injured. The script is not rocket science, it simply checks for a status change and will announce it accordingly with a comforting female voice. It's a little addon feature that I found useful and funny in SP and MP missions.

Regards,
Victor

Update: for some reason I can't seem to attach the zipped codefile Will keep trying. Ah well, here it goes.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2005, 13:25:24 by OberstSponz »

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
Re:Health Detection System HDS Rev 1.0
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2005, 14:39:45 »
Nice one!

This is sweet.  :thumbsup:

The script is not rocket science
It's the thought that counts  ;)
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

wi77ard

« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2005, 02:11:46 »
cool, i've used something simular but this sounds good.

I'll be testing on mp so i'll let you know what my clan thinks.

OberstSponz

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2005, 12:13:45 »
@22_Psych:

I am using this in our main MP mission and so far it has worked on all clients without any problem. Only when there's a lot of chatter at the same time then the speech fragments can get mixed around. However, that doesn't affect stability.
By coding this MP Mission with a lot of self-made effects (smoke, time&weather change, HDS, EvacHelis, random mission objectives etcpp) I learned a lot about SP vs MP mode.
I plan to create a sort of SP-MP matrix to never forget again what needs to be run on the server vs all clients an minimize development time ;D

Cheers,
Victor