Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: m113 gunner  (Read 1500 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
m113 gunner
« on: 29 Sep 2005, 21:38:50 »
i am currently making a mission where the player plays as the gunner of an M113
the story so far is

Russian forces have surrended but there are still a few lost soldiers eg, been split from their squads and are on their own like the resistance but russians, they have very few rounds as ammo not very skilled etc etc

anyway in my mission you are told to hunt down these guys your driver drives you to the right palces you just have to gun down the men you find but i want to spice the mission up give it more of a fun effect like the satus quo mission from the CWC campaign i want it to be fun and get the andrenaline levels back to normal for my campaign
but i still want it nice fun, shotish mission wich is a nice end to y campiagn but i dont know what i can include in it ive got some soldiers in basic positions who are meant to be shot when you get near a road a UAZ passes and you must shoot it until it blows up and thats about it

anymore ideas would be great
Keep in mind no tanks, choppers and other heavy equipment since the men are on their own at the end of the war they wont be well equiped
thanks

Offline bigdave003

• Members
  • I'm a double bacon genius burger!!
Re:m113 gunner
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2005, 23:55:20 »
They may be poorly equipped, but would they be any poorer skilled if they were just regular Russian infantry on their own?

How about there having been a small unit of Speznatz dropped in to rally stranded troops, and this being your ultimate goal, mopping up a few stragglers on the way to that? Maybe have a convoy get destroyed, then proceed to that area to try and track down the unit? Or intercept the speznatz on the way to the RV with the stranded troops?

Dave
"From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. "

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2005, 09:00:37 »
sounds like a good idea ill have a go with that thnaks
anymore ideas are welcome
thanks

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2005, 10:14:44 »
You could have some guys randomly surrender. Maybe you could waste them too or have them picked up by support teams follwing your group in trucks.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2005, 08:11:37 »
I definately think that this would, in reality, probably be more of a mop-up take POWs mission. I doubt that the US would order its soldiers to mercilessly gun down stranded Russians (even during the Cold War), who would probably surrender.
Cymbaline

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2005, 10:21:16 »
well in this mission the russians are acting guerilla style and attacking convoys but to no avail they are always chased back into the woods but they kill a few people each time so the US talked to Russia saying they should come and pick up the rest of their soldiers from Kolgujev or they will be found and killed
This was seeen as a threat there going to kill who ever comes to pick them up so they declined and are leaving them to die