Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: DxDll  (Read 1866 times)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
DxDll
« on: 24 Sep 2005, 02:26:55 »
Not entirely sure whether or not this is the right place to put this but here goes:

I've been messing around with the DxDll settings for god knows how long, but everything I do I can't seem to get them just right like a lot of screenshots. Now, I know a lot of screenshots are Photoshop manipulated but I still, somehow, feel I could get more out of DxDll.

So my question: what are, in your experience, the best settings for DxDll?

Either copy/paste the cfg or just give a general description.

Thanks, XCess.

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
Re:DxDll
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2005, 16:43:32 »
What graphics card you using? I'm afraid I can't help you with the config (GeForce4MX ::)) but you should always tell people your system so people with similiar systems can help. You should probably ask on the Official Forum thread (unless it's dead), too. ;)

I wish I could help, but the screenshot taking doesn't even work for me. I still have to do it the old fashioned way of hitting Prt Scr, Alt-Tab, and paste. Big pain. ::)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2005, 03:31:57 »
System:

AMD Sempron 2400+, 1.67 Ghz
  512mb DDR RAM
  GeForce FX5500

OFP runs pretty seet but i know its the cfg settings im getting wrong.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #3 on: 02 Oct 2005, 01:26:08 »
ya, i got  problems getting it to look right to, like i cant fint a way to get reflecting water. can sombody just post the ideal settings.

thanks

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2005, 01:32:47 »
Do you have a GeForce 2 or GeForce 4 MX? If so, the photo prcessing and reflective water don't work. I have GeForce 4 MX, so I'm really disappointed. But, what are you going to do other than get a new graphics card?  :P

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2005, 03:00:48 »
I have a NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200

even if yours dosent work with water or somthing could you just copy and paste your settings

vovi

« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2005, 16:08:16 »
AMD Athlon XP3000+
512 Ram
Geforce Ti4600

I use postprocessing on default settings, and then turn up the brightness in the standard OFP video menu, and leave gamma correction about middle.

I dont use the reflections beacuse I just cant get playable framerate (too jerky). Its a shame because I thought my system would be decent enough to do reflections. I tick the 'darken sky' box and sometimes use the 'desaturate effect'.

I sometimes use 'hard light' as well.

i'll post some pics tommorow..

LoTekK

« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2005, 11:38:46 »
I've been fiddling around with the settings for a while, and finally settled on something I like so far.

For reference, I've got both the in-game brightness and gamma set at 1.0, and I'm running on a laptop with an Intel 915 GPU (meh).

Hard light: R-0.3 G-0.1 B-0.2
Desaturation: R-0.5 G-1.0 B-0.7
Glare strength: 0.65
Glare Size: 6
Darken Sky: on (for some reason, though, turning this on turns off my terrain detail textures)

I'm also running the game at 16-bit, with "force 32-bit" on both blur and post processing.

Looks good to me, but it may be a little dull for others. One man's dessert, and all of that. ;)