Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: French forum ?  (Read 2083 times)

Tempus

French forum ?
« on: 22 Sep 2005, 14:52:20 »
Hello !

There is a lot of great missions in the "Missions: Ideas", "Missions: Beta Testing" forums, and I will like to write often my own comments.

Unfortunately I speak french and my English level is not sufficient for this kind of exercise (as you can see it in this topic)   :-[. If I am not alone in this case, would it be interesting to create a forum dedicated to the French language?

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re:French forum ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2005, 15:30:01 »
What? I can't see it!? What is it?

I don't see it.

;D

Your English is very good. Infact it is even better than some native English speakers who visit these forums tend to write.

Creating multiple boards for the same thing, just to get other languages is NOT a good idea. It would make this place totally confusing and you would just feel more alone in your French-only board because you wouldn't get as much company to your threads compared to what you get when you write in English.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2005, 15:30:40 by Baddo »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2005, 15:46:13 »
Yeah, Baddo's right, your english is quite good.  Much better than my German ::)

I also agree with him about the multiple languages.  I think it would only divide the forums into many small fractions, where questions wouldn't get answered nor missions beta tested.  I actually encourage you to post using your english.  Not only is it very good, but practicing it with other native speakers will give you a chance to improve it.  I almost wish I could find a German forums of some sort so I can practice my German with other people more than once a week.

-Student Pilot

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2005, 16:29:03 »
Hallo Tempus!

We investigated this some time ago.   It is an attractive idea, but it has many problems.    (Dividing the membership, moderating, making the list of boards too long, etc.)   OFPEC decided to allow only English in the forums.    

So it's a great idea  :) but unfortunately not practical.   :(   Your English is quite good, I think, and with a little practice I think you will be fine in the other boards.   OFPEC members are very helpful and understanding:  the majority of our members are not native English speakers.

Resources in other languages are accepted by the Editors Depot, and multi-language support for missions is strongly encouraged.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2005, 20:56:31 »
yes, you English is great, much better than my French  :(

I'm sure with a little confidence you will be fine. The members of this board are some of the nicest I've ever seen, so there will be no problems there I can assure you. And it is true that most are from countries other than the UK. Isn't HuBBa Sweedish?
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2005, 20:57:24 by El Fisho »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2005, 21:30:48 »
yes, you English is great, much better than my French  :(

I'm sure with a little confidence you will be fine. The members of this board are some of the nicest I've ever seen, so there will be no problems there I can assure you. And it is true that most are from countries other than the UK. Isn't HuBBa Sweedish?
Ya, but most Swedish people talk English quite well. Mostly because we start our English study quite early (3rd grade) but also because of cultural differences. E.g. we don't dub anything but kiddie-movies (when they're old enough to read, they can read the bloody subtitles! ;) ) so we get in contact with the English language a lot. Not all European-countries are like this. Germany, Italy and France are three examples.

And I don't think your English is bad. Well, it's not perfect (neither is mine), but your post made perfect sense to me. As long as we understand one and each other I don't think grammar and spelling errors are that bad.

Then there are those that doesn't even TRY to make sense. LCD is an exception, he wouldn't be LCD if it wasn't because of how he writes. ;D

Not that any of you youngsters know who LCD is anyway... ;D :P

(or who I am :P )

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2005, 04:17:14 »
There is a lot of great missions in the  "Missions: Beta Testing" forums, and I will like to write often my own comments.

please do. We all look forward to hearing from you. Just get stuck in and go for it.
Just say no to bugz

Tempus

« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2005, 06:54:12 »
Thank you for your encouragements !

I know to write in English can improve my skill, but that takes a lot of time... I will try it  :) !

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #8 on: 23 Sep 2005, 22:25:38 »
Go for it! Your English is very good, after all. A little practice, and you'll be a pro. You speak English better than I speak Spanish (and I need to speak Spanish better if I'm going to pass Foreign Language :-[). ElFisho's right, members of this board are very nice and helpful, and won't get mad if you say something wrong or anything. Besides, it's said that your brain functions at a higher level when you know another language. ;)

Offline El Fisho

• Members
  • u are expecting somthing about lamas aint ya
« Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2005, 15:53:28 »
Ya, but most Swedish people talk English quite well. Mostly because we start our English study quite early (3rd grade) but also because of cultural differences. E.g. we don't dub anything but kiddie-movies (when they're old enough to read, they can read the bloody subtitles! ;) ) so we get in contact with the English language a lot. Not all European-countries are like this. Germany, Italy and France are three examples.

And I don't think your English is bad. Well, it's not perfect (neither is mine), but your post made perfect sense to me. As long as we understand one and each other I don't think grammar and spelling errors are that bad.

Then there are those that doesn't even TRY to make sense. LCD is an exception, he wouldn't be LCD if it wasn't because of how he writes. ;D

Not that any of you youngsters know who LCD is anyway... ;D :P

(or who I am :P )

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

you ain't the same without the banana :p

and yeah, go for it, I look forward to reading your comments

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2005, 03:26:53 »
Was?!? Ich muss English sprechen? Aber ich spreche nur Deutsch!  :o

Honestly, Tempus mate, I would have never guessed you were French.  ;) And never put yourself down. You can do it, you just might have to try a little harder than others.  :P

Any one remember how LCD spoke? ;D
NM,
Then there are those that doesn't even TRY to make sense. LCD is an exception, he wouldn't be LCD if it wasn't because of how he writes.
:P  ;D

Armsty, dmakatra - whatever, there are still a few of us out there who remember.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2005, 03:30:03 by Tyger »
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2005, 04:20:37 »
go back about ten pages in any forum, and you'll see just how bad (or lazy) a typer he was... ;D