Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Keepweapon script  (Read 1589 times)

Offline bdfy85

• Contributing Member
Keepweapon script
« on: 10 Sep 2005, 00:10:20 »
Imagine situation : one of  team members carry very important weapon:  radio, LD, LAW or just a machine gun. What to do if carier dies ? If player is a team leader he can order to pick up weapon, but what if not ?
I made a script that solves this problem - closest team member will pickup weapon when his comrade dies.    
Test it and let me know what you think ;)
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2005, 10:07:21 by bdfy85 »
Liberation Mod scripts&balance

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re:Keepweapon script
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2005, 01:46:20 »
Cool idea,
It happens a lot when you're on patrol and an enemy tank comes in, the LAW guy got killed and the rest of his group got wiped out in no time because noone is smart enough to take that LAW.

I haven't tried it yet, but does the script check there are any rounds left, just to avoid he's running for no reason.
Anyway, I gonna try it ASAP

*edit*
K, tested
Seems to work fine :)
But I haven't tested it in a real battle yet.

Two thing I've noticed :
When you run the script on more groups the Findunits function is "preprocesefile'd" again, I don't think that necessary.
What happens with the script when the player takes the weapon before the assigned soldier is in place?

Anyway, usefull script imo.

« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2005, 05:32:58 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline bdfy85

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2005, 10:08:31 »
updated version.
10x UNN for the help with sqf.
The problem is ammo. Bots not always pick up  ammo with weapon itself..:( Any suggestions ?

Offline bdfy85

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2005, 23:38:03 »
What happens with the script when the player takes the weapon before the assigned soldier is in place?
Seems like everything is OK then;)
The only trouble that worries me and do not allow to post it in the ED is picking up ammo...