Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: does select weapon ever work  (Read 705 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
does select weapon ever work
« on: 09 Sep 2005, 21:40:42 »
ive tried selectweapon in a script and the unit never selects the weapon
i use
spetz2 selectweapon "At4Launcher"
of course hes called spetz2 and he has an At4
but he doesnt select it i want him to swing it out then target a truck then im going to grab the missile and do a few camra angles on it but ive seen many people use select weapon and it never works so is there an easier alternative ?

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re:does select weapon ever work
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2005, 22:04:51 »
Hmmm, try
spetz2 selectweapon (secondaryweapon spetz2)

Search or search or search before you ask.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2005, 22:32:49 »
Hmmm, try

No, thats not the problem, and I will tell you this, it DID work, the unit will select the AT4Launcher, however, your problem isn't that he won't select it, its that even with a secondary weapon selected, an AI unit WON'T allways switch to the animation untill they are about to fire it. Therefore, the solution would be to add this line after/under your first one (which is fine, leave it):

Code: [Select]
spetz2 playmove "Weapon"

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2005, 03:17:21 »
I had this problem in an intro that I was doing where a unit refused to pull out his lawlauncher. One loop around it though is (this will only work in cutscenes or rare other occasions) to just setpos a tank where the player cant see it and then voila! The unit pulls out his weapon!
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2005, 03:29:29 »
I had this problem in an intro that I was doing where a unit refused to pull out his lawlauncher. One loop around it though is (this will only work in cutscenes or rare other occasions) to just setpos a tank where the player cant see it and then voila! The unit pulls out his weapon!

There is an easier, more precise way to do it, simply force the unit to select the weapon and then force the animation on him like I stated in my previous post. Trust me on this one I am positive with it.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2005, 09:40:24 »
thanks alot i havent tried it but ill have a go witht he playmove idea

once ive tested it ill solve the thread