Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: RTS would it be possible  (Read 1648 times)

typhoon123

RTS would it be possible
« on: 05 Sep 2005, 14:03:36 »
Hi i have just had this idea, would it be possible to make a mod for operation flashpoint that would turn it into a RTS game, it would be ultrarealistic using th eofp engine any ideas. i might start this mod if anyone thinks its good idea. i think you would need a new dialogue at the bottom of the screen like where you could select formations, combat status etc. although to make it work you would have to employ a system not unlike command and controls multiple squad system. :)
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2005, 14:16:51 by typhoon123 »

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
Re:RTS would it be possible
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2005, 15:25:58 »
Well, as far as I can tell, CoC is the closest to RTS ofp has come with their Command Engine 2. CE2 gives you command of units on a division or platoon scale. Check it out in the links. ;)

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2005, 16:29:06 »
Depending on how you look at it, we already have "RTS", we just call it mfcti.
Get those missions out there you morons!

typhoon123

« Reply #3 on: 05 Sep 2005, 17:00:05 »
i mean like a command and conquer type or RTS :)

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2005, 17:14:09 »
Well I guess it would technically be possible, just not as a mission. It would require some heavy addon editing, making some kinda of being that could hover anywhere, viewing the ground. On the other hand, that could be done using camera scriping, it is gonna be very hard tho.
Get those missions out there you morons!

typhoon123

« Reply #5 on: 05 Sep 2005, 18:25:23 »
unforunatly i am no scripter or addon maker but i will make a website based on my idea

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #6 on: 05 Sep 2005, 18:31:04 »
Well, someone could probably find a way to modify camera.sqs so you have a command bar and you are able to use a mouse. I know nothing of scripting something this advanced, but I 'm just throwing out ideas. :-[ ;)
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2005, 18:31:21 by crave22 »

bored_onion

« Reply #7 on: 05 Sep 2005, 18:35:13 »
i think the answer would have to lie in dialogues and cameras. if you zoomed out far enough you could get a nice RTS view. still, i think it would be a lot of bother when there are so many purpose built professional RTS games out there.

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2005, 23:19:22 »
well isnt switching to command mode when as team leader kind of like rts. if you could just find a way to have the camera not fixed on the player and you couldnt switch to fps or third person mode wouldnt that do

typhoon123

« Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2005, 23:47:47 »
thats what i wanted to do :)