Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Gritty Resistance Mission  (Read 1898 times)

Offline LukieTee

• Members
Gritty Resistance Mission
« on: 24 Jun 2005, 18:50:50 »
 Im new to the whole editiong thing and wish to create a gritty Resistance mission that i really want to put a lot of work into. I wanted it to be set either on Nogova or Kolgujev. You start in a pityfull Resistance camp, you've suffered heavy casualties and theirs not many of you left so excpect a small squad of 4 or 5 veterans/novices. I want it to be gritty and unrelenting like finding civilians captured in horrendous conditions and Resistance captives being killed just before you can reach them.

I want to know if theirs any good objectives, cutscenes, Tricks that people would like (dont forget im a noob so no l33t speak plz). I know how much time it will take but im willing to put in the effort.  ;D

Offline LukieTee

• Members
Re:Gritty Resistance Mission
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2005, 19:42:59 »
Ammo will be short, civilian transport will be necessary and the local populace will do its best to aid you. I may add something like you have to send a runner out to a local village in the heat of battle to find a means of extraction because your vehicle was destroyed.

Offline CAS_Daniel

• Members
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2005, 22:18:33 »
I'm still a bit of a noob too but I'm willing to help if I can  :)
I've got a few questions to try and help:
1. Have you started yet?
2. If you have, what are you stuck on?
3. If you havn't, what do you plan to do in particular?  :P

Please ignore me if I'm patronising you, but here's some simple tips that might help.
To make a unit more "rag tag", you can try reducing his ammo level bar, or you can remove specific items like grenades by using the command: this removemagazine"handgrenade"
and like wise.
In the same way you can arm civilians with commands like: this addweapon "ak47" ; this addmagazine "ak47"
on the unit's "On Activation" field.  :)
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2005, 22:23:58 by CAS_Daniel »
Romeo 2.5 UK-based Light Infantry Platoon
forums.romeo25.com/

Offline LukieTee

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2005, 22:26:06 »
im thinking of having the character starting in a camp, with 3 other men ( i havent started yet btw) sitting around a fire theirs a short discussin (which i will do the voice s for i may need help) then the players general comes along and says "We've got some orders for you come wtih me (or something better then that) itll be a hostage situation, you need to take your small weakend team and save a few soldiers, you get in visual range of the camp and a cutscene kicks in, all the men are shot. and some civlians are lead out. you then need to quickly save the civies, you've need to get in the camp unnoticed then strick fast. im not sure where too trake it from theri

Offline LukieTee

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2005, 22:28:51 »
im also thinking of injuring them and having injured men in the camp. also i was thinking i could have someone die in front of you with a certain trigger. I really want to make it gritty and unrelenting

Offline CAS_Daniel

• Members
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2005, 22:33:38 »
To do that, you can name the soldier you want to die in the "name" box, and make a trigger that sets his damage to nothing. Say you name him "unit3"
Now have a trigger that activates when he is present in the area, and have the "On Activation" field say: "unit3" setdamage 1
Romeo 2.5 UK-based Light Infantry Platoon
forums.romeo25.com/

Offline LukieTee

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2005, 22:41:14 »
k cheers im bit drunk now so ill save it and continue tomorrow. do you think i should do it on Nogova or Kolgojev its on Nogova at the mo but it wldnt be hard to change

bluehand

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2005, 23:38:23 »
Sounds like a good idea.  Ever since Resistance introduced the handguns and shotguns, I've wondered how to make them work in a campaign.  The trouble is (just like the Resistance campaign) in the first mission you pick up a shotgun, kill a Russian, and grab his AK-74.  After that, you never go back.  There's no reason to.

Perhaps you could use some excuses, like this mission will be in town, and you can't exactly hide a RPG in you coat pocket, so it's handguns only.  Then you'd have to do the scripting to let the player carry a pistol and walk past the guards so long as it's not in his hand.  There's a thread on that in scripting at the moment.

Or, ignore the ability to carry over equipment from mission to mission.  Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it.  Make the briefing say something like "you've run out of ammo for the AK's, and are reduced to using shotguns.  Go kill some Russians and steal their guns".  Or perhaps hand out some Uzi's or other random stuff.

I'm assuming the Soviets are the opressors here.  That is hardly necessary.  Resistance against US forces could happen just as well.  At the risk of being flamed, I guess that would be Grenada.

Offline LukieTee

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2005, 23:40:11 »
 hmm good idea i like the idea of pistols, i think ill go for West being oppresers. Bit of a change

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2005, 16:33:12 »
you should do it on kolgujev i know of none resistance missions set on kolgujev so it would be a nice change

Offline LukieTee

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jun 2005, 16:34:06 »
oke doke

thecolonel87

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jul 2005, 15:27:09 »
Of the hostage-rescue missions I've played, a lot have loads of screw-ups. For example, on one mission the guy scripted the hostage incorrectly (my fault for not downloading it from here, where such a mistake would have been picked up) so that my team gunned him down just as I polished off the last Red squaddie.

Jimpy

« Reply #12 on: 07 Sep 2005, 08:05:50 »

If you want ideas for "gritty and unrelenting" resistance missions then research
what happens in real life. Study some of the methods that the IRA used to fight the
British, or study how the Jundys are fighting the "coalition" forces in Iraq right now.