Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Repaying OFPEC SomeWay?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Repaying OFPEC SomeWay?
« on: 17 Aug 2005, 19:44:58 »
OFP COMMUNITY~

As we all know OFPEC has done a lot for us, and I'm sure it's not free. I want to send my love to this website for helping each and every one of us in mission making, add-ons, mods, campaigns etc.

I want to send my compassion to each and every one of the OFP community members and guests. It's really great that this game has been around as long as it has, and hey they're coming out with OFP2 and OFP AA.  Looking forward to that.

Possibly maybe all of us could pitch into this website, somehow maybe send it like $10 or $30 or however much you can. A dollar sent is a dollar invested. Just think, if 30 people sent in $20 each that would be $600. Maybe we don't have to give that much, I'm not trying to con people into sending money because I would gladly send some in. Don't' feel like you have to.

If anybody has any suggestions, comments or questions. Anybody just wants to say something feel free to post it here. Thanks for your time guys.

NightJay0044
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
Re:Repaying OFPEC SomeWay?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2005, 20:09:50 »
This is the sort of community spirit we love to see and hear!! The more people donate, the more Sui can start to experience the highlife of previous Administrators before him. Noon with his fetish for fast cars, fast women, dead squirrels. Sefe with his penchant for torture implements and young nymphs to use them on. Myself with a love of spray cream, carrots and household bleach, and Tigershark paying off fines for trying to take control of a Japanese Airline. :D

However, it's not all about the money *Silences the scream of 'Yes it fucking is!!' from HuBBa as another monthly bill crashes through the letterbox*

It's all about people making these little gestures.

The internet is a fickle, shallow world, where things come and go, fads pass as quick as a curry through your anal tract after a good night out.

People can give money, and it's nice, it eases the burden on a non-profit group, but words like these, are worth far more than any cash donation. It shows people still care, still pay attention, still want to help. Cash can be sympathy, or assistance, without the true heart. Words like this make all the difference.

Whilst your cash donations (OFPEC accepts all major credit cards, cheques, postal orders, paypal, virgins and camels) make the bills a bit lighter, your words and sentiments, of thanks, of encouragement, of support, can make them vanish altogether, when you remember and realise why you spend so long working so hard on a 100% volunteer project. It's for the reward you gain when you realise how many people you've helped on their path of further enjoyment.

For every one thousand people, it only takes one person to say ' Thankyou.. ' to make it all seem worthwhile....
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2005, 01:44:12 »
Good to hear...

I agree wholeheartedly with Wolfie's assesment. It's not necessarily the money that's important, it's the supportive spirit of the community :)

Having said that, Hubba does need any help people are willing to give him and we're always willing to take financial donations if you're keen to give them.

At the bottom of all OFPEC pages is the donate button:

We are very grateful for any help you can lend us in this regard. ;)

If you do send us through a donation, throw me over a quick IM saying when (and the amount) so I can add you to our patrons list.

Thanks very much :)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2005, 03:49:02 »
thanks for your replies, now I understand, donatoin are acceptable but not neccessary. I still plan on sending $$ in. Thanks for the input guys.
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2005, 04:00:09 »
NightJay0044 what a great idea  ;)

(Too bad my Paypal account is over :( so i cant send money in, otherwise I would send ;D)

@Wolfsbane
Hmm... many people are thankfull with OFPEC, believe me, they just dont say that, or because they are shy or because they (as me) dont have the words to express such gratitude!  ;D

Well cya and again thanks for your Big, Huge, Gigantic effort that made you, the best website ever!!
I am sure we all apreciate that!  ;)

NBR Out!

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2005, 15:45:37 »
@Wolfsbane
Hmm... many people are thankfull with OFPEC, believe me, they just dont say that, or because they are shy or because they (as me) dont have the words to express such gratitude!  

Well, they don't even have to say ' Thanks..', I mean, HuBBa is only human, and he does get very lonesome at night............. ;)
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2005, 02:56:13 »
We all love HuBBa for spending his beer money on us ( ::)), and everyone else who's working hard to keep this site up for us :) Without OFPEC I would probaly not still have been playing the game, and I wouldn't have gotten ADSL that fast, since my dad would have been without the £200 phonebill he got when we only had ISDN ::) You got real life, and you got OFP life...and OFPEC is a BIG part of OFP life ;D

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2005, 05:00:23 »
Without OFPEC I would probaly not still have been playing the game
Agreed.  Yes, OFP is highly modifiable and makes mission editing easy with a built in mission editor, but without a great site like OFPEC and the great friendly people that man it those items wouldn't mean much.  IMHO it is OFPEC and other great sites like it that have kept OFP going for so long.  I'd like give a big thank you to everyone who works to keep OFPEC running. :cheers:

-Student Pilot

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2005, 03:27:56 »
Hey mates, I would like to thank you guys for the appreciation. But there is more to OFPEC then just the staff. In all reality, what is a site without the members and visitors? The community plays just as important a role as the staff does.

So while you praise us, don't forget to give yourselves a pat on the back  ;)
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

mccallum1992

« Reply #9 on: 05 Sep 2005, 15:34:53 »
Who else needs a hug?
-silence- :-[

I tend to play different games depending on what my mood is (Thats why i like a sadistic, world controlling, bloody game like flashpoint! ::)) But i have to agree with garcia that it is ofpec that has kept me playing operation flashpoint, dicovering new codes and addons and all that other great stuff the Staff and members do. I would make a donation but i have the medical condition of being Skint (A British word for poor in case all you great Americans don't understand! ::)) But i do want to ask all u.s staff to remember that a British Pound is aproximately 2 U.S dollars! And to tell all U.K donators to only give half as much!!(joke!)

Thanks guys. We love you all! 8) :thumbsup:

Do ya want a hug now? :'(
-silence- :-[
Idiot! ;)
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2005, 15:36:12 by The new and improved mccallum1992 »

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #10 on: 05 Sep 2005, 15:53:23 »
Yes, ofpec's a great part of this community, and if it weren't for them I'd probably left Flashpoint years ago (2 to be exact). Ofpec's always been there, in one form or another. Even if they're down, the staff is on the official forums. No matter what, ofpec will be there to help. I too would donate, but I don't even have a credit card!  :P

Hugs? Anyone? What? Stop looking at me like that! They're brotherly hugs! I swear! ;)

Nice job ofpec. :thumbsup: (Can't wait until you have to open the aaec, or the g2ec  ;D)
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2005, 15:54:56 by crave22 »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #11 on: 05 Sep 2005, 16:30:49 »
Thanks guys.   A little appreciation goes a long way.   Actually you DO NOT need a credit card to give money to OFPEC:

1) Create a paypal account.   Stand by for tough questions like, "What is your email address?"

2)  Send money from your ordinary bank account to paypal

3)  Send money from the paypal account to OFPEC

I haven't done it myself (whenever I send money I do it from my credit card) but it looks easy.    

There are lots of other ways to help too:-
  • answer other people's questions in the forum
  • report off-topic posts to the moderators (click on the report button on the post)
  • beta test missions or scripts or addons

• submit a tutorial, snippet or tool

• submit a mission or addon
  • submit news stories:  anything you see around the OFP community that you think might go on our homepage
  • add Comments on resources, whether in the Editors Depot or the Missions Depot.  This is particularly helpful on Pending items, which have not yet been checked by staff
  • volunteer to help run OFPEC

• when appropriate, direct people from other OFP websites to OFPEC
  • check out the Recruitment board and help somebody
  • hang out in #ofpec chat and and answer questions there

So if you'd like to put something back, go do it.    :)   Remember that OFPEC is run

by the community, for the community.
[/b]
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2005, 16:35:26 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #12 on: 05 Sep 2005, 19:27:27 »
Or the good 'ole fashioned way -

• Open wallet and extract money
  • Insert in envelope
  • Bug HuBBa excessivly until he gives you his address
  • Mail the money to him

;D
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08