Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scud  (Read 827 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Scud
« on: 02 Sep 2005, 13:48:12 »
okay ive created a scud on the map named it 'scud1'
ive got it to go into a firing position and then fire it but now i want to grab the scud that its fired and then target in my intro

i know i need the nearest object command i know how to use it but whats the missile called scuds fire ? just so i can grab it with the nearest obj command

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Scud
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2005, 14:23:21 »
why not set a small test script using the nearestobject command to catch whatever is 10 metres above the scud and relaying that using a hint every second or so? that will give you the type of the scud ammo.

frankly i'm not sure you'll be able to rely on the scud missile lasting much longer than a few seconds. it looks like it disappears after a couple of seconds, much like ordinary ordnance.

EDIT - just tested, doesn't work. doesn't seem to recognise any object being launched at all. you'll have to fake it.  :-\
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2005, 14:33:09 by bedges »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2005, 14:33:55 »
There are working scud scripts kicking around.    BAS did one and I think somebody else did too.    The BAS one is in one of their later addons, but I'm not sure which.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2005, 18:05:53 »
i dont need a scud script i need to know what the actual scud is called so i can grab it with the nearest object and call it _scud for example then target it with my camera in an intro

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2005, 21:06:34 »
The scud is a strange beast.

The vehicle itself has a classname..... "Scud"

The missile carried on the vehicle has no classname, but its model name is scud_strela_proxy

Defined in the Scud config as:

scudModel="scud_strela_proxy";

The missile that is fired has no classname and its model name is called scud_strela_ohen.

Defined in the Scud config as:

scudModelFire="scud_strela_ohen";

Edit......I made a mistook.........scud_strela_proxy has the classname..... "ProxyScud_Strela_Proxy".

Planck
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2005, 21:19:55 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #5 on: 02 Sep 2005, 21:14:16 »
and as per my previous response, see attached...

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2005, 22:47:49 »
You cannot "capture" the scud after it is launched.  I tried this to no avail.  I ended up doing some scripting that makes a "new" scud in place of the launched "phantom" scud.  the "new scud can then be tracked with a camera.  I will send you my script(s) and demo mission when I get home from work.  Also, I made the launched scud accelerate more realisitcally and I added better smoke/flame effects.  Finally, I went really crazy and made it so the rocket will follow a real trajectory to the target.  The scud rocket will achieve the same velocity and altitude as a real scud, but the accuracy is rediculously good for a scud, but I made it so you can define the impact error range.  You can define minimum and maximum distance the impact will be from the ideal target, the script then makes it land in a random spot within the min/max range.  If you do not define a min and max, then it lands withing about 10 M of the target!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 02 Sep 2005, 22:58:39 »
Cool those scripts sound great you should upload them to ofpec
so basically its now i real scud launcher instead of a scud wich fires up into the sky and never comes back down
anyway yes please send me the scripts they sound great if you need my email its rob0991v2@hotmail.com cheers