Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's wrong with BAS blackhawk?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
What's wrong with BAS blackhawk?
« on: 31 Aug 2005, 08:22:05 »
I made a mission with LSR rangers, RHS naval inf and BAS blackhawks. When I use original BIS blackhawk with a lots of LSR, RHS unit, everithing is OK. But when I put a single BAS blackhawk and WP to fastrope the game extremely lagged. Unplayable.

My machine is an avarge and I can play with missions with BAS blackhawk (eg: Operation Black Mamba, and the BAS demo missions) and the game is OK.

What's wrong? I need some initialization? Or what?

I feel the BAS blackhawk run a CPU-enemy script becouse the fastrope... But I don't understand.
Fix bayonet!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re:What's wrong with BAS blackhawk?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2005, 07:56:25 »
I figured out what was the problem...  >:(
I used the old trick to wait the UH to the group of soldiers: I set the fuel to 0 and when the guys in the chopper I set this fuel to 1.
But BAS blackhawk without fuel try do something - I don't know what - and this eat the CPU...  :'( :'(
Fix bayonet!

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2005, 04:39:03 »
I figured out what was the problem...  >:(
I used the old trick to wait the UH to the group of soldiers: I set the fuel to 0 and when the guys in the chopper I set this fuel to 1.
But BAS blackhawk without fuel try do something - I don't know what - and this eat the CPU...  :'( :'(

Yes, because they use an engine eventhandler to play the startup sound, and when you give AI no fuel they become retarded, and keep pressing the engine start button, and each time they do that the chopper plays the start up sound, and as we all know repetative sounds eat up a lot of CPU speed.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #3 on: 09 Sep 2005, 08:15:57 »
Thanks. I forgot this old trick and use an LZ script. It's working correctly.
Fix bayonet!