Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helo Strike with FFARs  (Read 1668 times)

klavan

Helo Strike with FFARs
« on: 11 Aug 2005, 16:49:44 »
This script attempts to simulate a couple of helos doing a CAS mission only whit their rockets via onmapsingleclick command.
I've originally created this script for Operation Weasel,  but maybe someone could be intersted about a simplified version of it.
I've included a simple mission. To run the scripts hit 0-0-1, open the map  and click where needed.

Kowing Issues:
The script works better if you click over open and flat terrain. Avoid to click over building or large trees.

Let me know what you think about it: suggestions and constuctive criticism are welcome here!

Addons needed:
Invisible Targets by Lester
http://andrew.nf/ofp/addons/InvTargetsV1.3.rar

Thanks.
Klavan

« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2005, 21:19:50 by klavan »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re:Helo Strike with FFARs
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2005, 05:37:21 »
Good script, the first time the heli's collided with eachother but it only happened the first time. What's the use of the targetshift script?

Search or search or search before you ask.

klavan

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2005, 11:01:35 »
Sorry for the delay to answer, I was on vacation.   ;D
In my intention the targetshift script has to move the target sligthly every time the choppers fires on it, helping to create a "corridor of fire", thus increasing the overall rockets that must be fired to destroy the target and the area interested by 'em, since the AI proved (as usual) to be very (too much) skilled when engaging a target.
The small shift value (0.03) is a compromise: by increasing this value the AI looses the angagement very often, forcing the choppers to  fly around for another passage, with a consequent waste of time and a general delay.
Klavan  

klavan

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2005, 21:23:05 »
Script moved to the pending section.
Topic solved.
Klavan