Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: only some ammo  (Read 796 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
only some ammo
« on: 11 Aug 2005, 12:52:18 »
im just wondering how i can give every east unit limited ammo without using the slider i the edit unit bar
since that will take a very long time cause ive almost reached the 62 groups of east

anyway i just want all units to have limited ammo eg

2 Ak mags with abot 20 rounds in each mag and random things like that and 2 hand grenades or if there lucky 6
just random chances of different weapons

or will i have to do it manually ?
thanks

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:only some ammo
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2005, 14:27:31 »
It's probably quicker to do it manually.    It'll take you less time than you think.     300 units at 3s/unit is only 15 minutes.

You could create an array of all units on the map, detect what weapons and ammo each unit had and remove some, but by the time you've figured it all out and tested it you might as well do it the easy way.   The easy way also helps with lag, which in a mission this big could be an issue.    Never use a script when the mission editor will do.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:only some ammo
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2005, 19:04:33 »
oh okay thanks Macguba its very laggy at the moment with all the different Eh ive got fired, killed, hit and dammaged running on nearly every unit one the map wich is a hell lot and ive got loads of fast loops running so yeh ill do it the none laggy way
thanks
and topic solved