Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a few missions wanted  (Read 2575 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
a few missions wanted
« on: 06 Aug 2005, 19:12:35 »
EDIT - Im looking for a long and hard tank mission (preferably player as East but not too bothered)

also im loking for a large full scale operation where you command more than one squad like a platoon wiht lots of action and atmosphere if anyone know any good misisons like them please post a link or tell me where i can find it

note - also i would prefer addon free but dont mind if it has a few addons
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2005, 19:15:40 by 456820 »

yankme

Re:tank missions
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2005, 03:10:20 »
in this mission your a russian comander sent out on potral. you go find the yanks and kill them. one T-80 and a BMP1 and BMP2, 12 men and refuel, rearm and repair bases and alot of ground to cover

http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=68      
http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?n=75&s=Vehicle

many thanks to AaronAsh, Cpt. Robertson (and Sentinel Team)

mission Getum bata
any bugs let me know
i know your a mission writer, but this i a mission i made for myself. i sometimes make a mission and play it after a month when i forget what i did in it,just for fun. so be easy on the review lol  ;D
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2005, 03:14:01 by yankme »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 08 Aug 2005, 08:21:12 »
ill check it out also are the two links the addons ? or is it the first one thatsthe addons ?
ill IM you with a little review then

thanks any more missions please just post a link here

yankme

« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2005, 11:34:22 »
one link is bradlys and the t-80 in this mission. the other is BMPS 1 and 2 there updated, i like them.  are you useing the new EPC,? its sweet as!!
  also in this mission Getum you have to be slow in approaching the town or LAWS will take out your bmp's. you can play the mission over again with a MI17 hind that is empty at the start. please remember i made this just for fun and not really intending to post it but you will not know whats going to happen or where the enemy is. so i hope you have fun. cheers, yankme

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 08 Aug 2005, 18:36:56 »
Wow, how could you miss my Night Raiders mission!?

Play as a russian tank commander and crush the NATO front lines in a midnight blitz. Rest assured its long too. Catch it in the mission depot under reviewed missions. ;)

Lemme see linkey linke where are thou?

EDIT:
I found my linke poo!
http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=1217

;)
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2005, 18:43:24 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 08 Aug 2005, 20:30:34 »
hey GRK thanks so much for that it sounds great and especially addon free
thanks for the link

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2005, 19:13:45 »
right thanks for the missions yankme your mission seems not to work i get sent back to the main menu screen ?
and GRK great mission but with a mod i was using it made it ver hard it used realistic tank hit values so i died far to quick but fun none the less

Also im cahnging the topic into just a mission finder for me kind of im looking now for some large full scale assaults where you command several squads
ive tried using the COC command engine and i find it very hard to understand

anyway thanks for the missions so far guys  ;D

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:a few missions wanted
« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2005, 19:44:11 »
Regina Proeliorum by yours truly.   It's a good beta, not currently active.     You play East with T80s and there is a command element to the mission.    Only a couple of addons but big.   Medium length and potentially hard if you play it badly.
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2005, 19:46:57 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2005, 20:13:32 »
hey thanks alot sounds good is this the mission you said about in that interview a while back ?
anyway downloading now cheers

Also does anyone have an example mission about the COC command engine explaining how to use it ?

thanks Macguba

EDIT - Looked at the addons and why does it need everon and nogojev ? you cant set it on 2 maps ?

another edit when i download the mission its not included in the .zip ?
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2005, 20:16:05 by 456820 »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 09 Aug 2005, 21:50:38 »
The mission is set on winter everon.    You need Winter nogojev because the units are embedded in it: they are not published seperately.   And yes it is the mission I mentioned in the interview.

Mission not in zip is more serious.   I'll look into that.  

Edit:  I just d/l and unzipped it and got the .pbo.   No idea what could have happened with you.
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2005, 21:52:40 by macguba »

yankme

« Reply #10 on: 10 Aug 2005, 06:02:15 »
GRK good mission, at the end it sounds like a sequel is comeing up!
456820 sorry thats been a prob. my missions work on my pc but i pack them in pbo and zip them and they dont work for anyone else. ive even downloaded them after uploading and they work for me. i dont understand ???    ;D
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2005, 06:11:28 by yankme »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 10 Aug 2005, 08:18:11 »
no matter now Mac ive got it i had to save the .zip on my computer instead of just opening it then extracting like i normally do

also do you want a test of it, if its in a beta stage ?

also Yankme ill re-download all te addons and have another try

thanks guys

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 10 Aug 2005, 10:53:08 »
If you'd like to, yes by all means make a beta test report, that would be great - nobody has played that version.     Existing thread on the beta board here.  

Dubieman

« Reply #13 on: 10 Aug 2005, 14:49:31 »
@456820 : Well when you have altered armor values my mission is a serious pain in the rear. May I ask which mod you played with? Cause I thought it was fun (commanding tanks at night? ;D) when played with plain old OFP.

@yankme: Thanks, seems I do that a lot (sequels maybe, done it before) since I love for the mission to have a story and to set atmoshpere. Plus have some decent gameplay.

As for command missions....
Wasn't there one like take Everon airport or something that had a custom control scheme with tons of units...
I only remember the author... RonaldSpeirs
maybe :P

edit: Mac, are you gonna finish that one? I'm sorta goin through Nocturnal right now and gettin ready to re-beta it.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2005, 14:50:39 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 10 Aug 2005, 15:23:32 »
Yes I am going to finish it, preferably before AA comes out.   It's my last remaining serious mission project - all the others have been zapped.    It's essentially releasable as it stands - just needs a few final checks - but it needs voices, Intro & Outro and a couple more scripted effects to make it more fun.