Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP 1.085 released!  (Read 24441 times)

Dnailer

Re:ECP 1.085 released!
« Reply #30 on: 26 Jul 2005, 16:08:14 »
Simply fantastic.

And a big huge thanks to Killswitch for the linux server tip.... Now I have *no* reason not to bring back my server.

Peace,
NAILER

Offline joemoemino

• Members
  • yeah what
« Reply #31 on: 26 Jul 2005, 17:28:03 »
ecp is awesome but the only thing i dont like is the ecp dynamic range sounds. the new sounds ofr the m16, aks and mgs are wierd sounding. other than that its awesome!

later on you should add car starting sounds and dr sounds for the rest of the weapons.

Dane

« Reply #32 on: 26 Jul 2005, 18:31:42 »
Quote:
One thing though, when running ECP with the CoC artillery addon i get this error message "sound coc_obhum not found"? Anybody else?

I have that message with and without ECP. I think it's a missing sound in the obelisk.

Weird though i only get the error when running ECP, and i can't preview my mission in the editor, so i have to createVehicle the obelisk a couple of seconds in mission, not a big problem though.
But even more strange is i tried removing references to coc_obhum in UA config.cpp just to see what would happen but i still get the error message?

But maybe i'm going offtopic here (sorry) because it seems to be the UA addon where the problem lies.

jackass888

« Reply #33 on: 26 Jul 2005, 19:18:27 »
I LOVE ECP and it works very nice. I have seen every feature but the surrendering. By default it should be enabled?! I have battled for 3 days now and no single soldier has surrendered ???
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2005, 19:20:03 by jackass888 »

Batukhan

« Reply #34 on: 26 Jul 2005, 19:57:43 »
Hello,
I'm having trouble with installing this thing.
In the installer, when i have to choose the OFP folder (it automatically searches it anyway), i can't press NEXT. The NEXT button is just gray.. u know. And my folder address isn't that bad either, it's P:\ofp
How can i solve this?

EDIT: Just noticed that it wants OFP: RESISTANCE directory, but i have GOTY. That shouldn't make a difference right?
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2005, 19:59:47 by Batukhan »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #35 on: 26 Jul 2005, 20:25:59 »
i have goty and ecp runs like a drem i just clicked next from where your up to  are you looking in a sub-folder in your ofp directory ?

Batukhan

« Reply #36 on: 26 Jul 2005, 20:39:00 »
Nope, just the folder it originally finds. Ok i made screenshots:

As you can see, i can't even select a folder while browsing.

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #37 on: 26 Jul 2005, 20:59:04 »
You are the second one to have this problem, we are definately looking into it.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #38 on: 26 Jul 2005, 21:08:56 »
Just a thought here......might it have anything to do with XP and needing admin rights on the machine?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Batukhan

« Reply #39 on: 26 Jul 2005, 21:23:48 »
No, i have admin rights

Kilo11

« Reply #40 on: 26 Jul 2005, 21:41:53 »
Im new to ECP, but I lvoe it so far.  But I have one question, how do you use the HALO units/scripts? I dont see any units nor any refrence in the readme on how to use them/initialize the script....

Anyone know?

Knighty

« Reply #41 on: 27 Jul 2005, 01:54:36 »
You are the second one to have this problem, we are definately looking into it.

.......now I'm #3

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #42 on: 27 Jul 2005, 04:49:25 »
Hello,
I'm having trouble with installing this thing.
In the installer, when i have to choose the OFP folder (it automatically searches it anyway), i can't press NEXT. The NEXT button is just gray.. u know. And my folder address isn't that bad either, it's P:\ofp
How can i solve this?

EDIT: Just noticed that it wants OFP: RESISTANCE directory, but i have GOTY. That shouldn't make a difference right?

I thought there was a zip version available without an installer.

« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2005, 15:36:28 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #43 on: 27 Jul 2005, 13:32:47 »
Tips for Dedicated Servers Only

Do not run a Dedicated Server using  ECP DynamicRange configuration. This may cause MP issues if non DynamicRange ECP clients connect concurrently with DynamicRange ECP clients and/or non ECP clients .

We recommend all Dedicated Servers to run a non DynamicRange ECP configuration. This will happily serve both DynamicRange and non DynamicRange ECP clients, for that matter it will also happily serve non ECP clients.

Server admins should confirm that their Dedicated Server config.cpp sound setup is set accordingly:

Code: [Select]
//ORIGINAL
#include "sound.h"

//DYNAMIC RANGE - requires DR addons!
//#include "Sound_dr.h"

Also note that the following files should not be installed on a Dedicated Server

* DynamicRange.pbo
* ECP_DR_extra_sound.pbo
* ECP_DR_extra_sound_2.pbo
* ECP_DR_extra_sound_3.pbo
* ECP_DSAI.pbo
* ECP_DSAI_2.pbo
* ECP_Effects_Sounds.pbo
* ECP_rus_land_rc.pbo
* ECP_us_air_land_rc.pbo
* ECP_us_air_rc.pbo
* ECP_us_land_rc.pbo

Having them on the Dedicated Server will not break anything, but it will waste the servers resources as they are simply sound files taking up the servers ram.
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Batukhan

« Reply #44 on: 27 Jul 2005, 15:06:16 »
Is it possible to download a zipped version of the mod?