Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP 1.085 released!  (Read 24312 times)

Gooner861

Re:ECP 1.085 released!
« Reply #15 on: 24 Jul 2005, 18:20:47 »
Ooooooooo must download this :D

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jul 2005, 22:50:14 »
*Clicks download movie. Watches. Jaw drops 1m. Clicks download. Waits... Launches OFP w/ ECP, jaw drops additional 1m. Opens mission w/ large battle. Jumps for joy.*  ;D

*Computer Crashes* ???

*Kicks computer. Screams obscenity. Goes in corner and cries.* >:( :'(

Nice job, guys!
Note to self, get faster computer. ::)

Offline W0lle

• CWR
« Reply #17 on: 25 Jul 2005, 01:41:30 »
Wow... just played 2 MP missions with it - I'm still speechless  ;D

The long wait was definitely worth it, thanks very much to the whole ECP team.

2 questions I have right now though (with many more following maybe):

- How can I add the radio chatter to other non-default vehicles (like the Combat! Addons for example).
- What exactly must I do to add the nice effects to my own Islands. Editing the ECP_Island_Settings.sqf file of course but I don't understand the island matrix thing  ???

CWR III Project Leader

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #18 on: 25 Jul 2005, 02:05:37 »
Lovely stuff, guys. A big thankyou and congrats on the new ECP!

Now, upon checking it out, I noticed this saddening thing:
ECP currently only works on Windows servers, the linux server has some unexplainable issues we are currently trying to fix.
Naturally, that was completely unacceptable to me so I decided to find out why and fix it. 8)

Let me guess, you've had problems with preprocessFile not loading ECP_settings.sqf, right?

The reason
After spending a few hours hammering at the ofp linux server and using strace, I found out why. preprocessFile in the Linux OFP server seems to work differently from the one under Windows. The nifty trick with "..\something\other.sqf" doesn't work since the OFP linux deddy cant find the file.

Reason: the ofp server, on seeing
Code: [Select]
call preprocessFile "..\@ECP\ECP_Settings.sqf";will try to open a file named
"scripts/../@ecp/ecp_settings.sqf"That will fail, since there's no folder named "scripts".

The solution
In the folder where you have the ofp server installed, create a new folder named "scripts":
mkdir scripts
Voilá! Problem solved, it seems  ;D

I have yet to see any ill effects on this (I was worried the scripts in dta/scripts.pbo would be affected, but they're ok so far). However, further testing is needed. I'll report back if any problems pop up.

ECP+Linux hosting recipe
This of course assumes you already have the ofp server installed and set up alright. I'm not about to write a tutorial on that.
  • Create a new, empty folder named "scripts" in the folder where ofp is installed.
  • Before starting ofp with ecp, copy  config.cpp, resource.cpp and sound.h to the ofp folder. (No, not scripts, dummy)
  • Start the OFP linux server with ecp. Happeh!
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2005, 02:13:26 by Killswitch »

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #19 on: 25 Jul 2005, 06:03:08 »
Love your WORK!
*HUGS*

Shad will get onto this right away I'm sure. Big thanks.  :D
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline Flaber

• Members
    • Escuadron 13th TigerSharks
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jul 2005, 10:56:43 »
First of all, congratulations for this excelent mod.

Second, I'm trying to make my addons compatible with the ECP, but I have one problem

I need the init eventhandler in the vehicles because I'm using random numbers, and i would like to know if it's posible to start manualy the ECP init with my own init: example:

class EventHandlers:ECP_eventHandlers
{
Init = "ecp_init.sqs ; _this exec {\MTP_scripts\numeros.sqs}";
}

replacing ecp_init.sqs with the right sentence

same with other evenhandlers.
Thanks
Flaber

Edit: I got the answer in bis forums: here it is:

class EventHandlers:ECP_eventHandlers
{
Init = "_this exec (ECP_path+{init.sqs}); _this exec {\MTP_scripts\numeros.sqs}";
}

Thanks RED
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2005, 11:24:34 by Flaber »

AHMzzz

« Reply #21 on: 25 Jul 2005, 11:08:20 »
First Amazing work guys nothing short of it.

but,.. well I never thought I would do this but it is time to finde those OFP tweaking pages so maby I can run big missions in ECP with reasnoble fps :-\ :'(

anyway great job guys I started to try every thing and every unit in the editor just like the first time I brought OFP  :) :P truly it is a new game now.

also great acting for ACE you almost got me there but I got the leaked one anyway great job :thumbsup: ;)
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2005, 11:24:17 by AHMzzz »

Zulu_86

« Reply #22 on: 25 Jul 2005, 18:04:18 »
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
I just installed ECP and tried playing it and it didn't really want to load. I got no further than the spash screen to begin with, then tried adding the "-nosplash" to the shortcut and got to "Wait a moment" - and then it stays like that forever basically.

I think OFP is a big buggy in general for me, but it's slightly annoying, the readme is talking about me not having to have a P4 3Ghz to get this to work - only I have a P4 3.4 and it don't work...
It's annoying since I'm sure OFP worked like a dream on my old machine...
I can get CSLA to load now, and it works for a while. But like I say ECP doesn't make it to the menu screen - neither does the Civil War mod I've tried.
It's probably my computer more than the mod, but if anyone can tell me where my computer's going wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

The specs:
Advent T11
Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Xear3D CRL3D EAX2.0 A3D1.0

The Soundcard is built in which I heard somewhere may be an issue. If anyone can point me in the right direction, either to a better place I can post this, or where something very similar has already been answered, or just suggest what may or may not be wrong, that'd be great.
Sorry again if this is the wrong place to put this - the mod looks fantastic and I'd dearly love to play it. ;)

Thanks for your time. :)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #23 on: 25 Jul 2005, 18:14:24 »
if you have a load of addons try using mod folders to seperate them all theres a tutorial in the editors depot that might help a bit

Dane

« Reply #24 on: 26 Jul 2005, 03:05:08 »
This MOD is awesome, i love the new speaking engine, i've really missed that in OFP since playing the BIA game which is a crappy game compared to OFP, but i did love the ai speaking shouting and screamin.
I't does add a lot to the atmospere.

One thing though, when running ECP with the CoC artillery addon i get this error message "sound coc_obhum not found"? Anybody else?

I do realize you can't give tecnical advice on other people's addons but i'm just interested to know if i'm the only one with this problem.

Edit. I only get the error message when running ECP, not other mods.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2005, 03:08:22 by Dane »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #25 on: 26 Jul 2005, 08:13:32 »
also whilst playing it yesterday i noticed 2 things
1. Why do people have parties in the churches because of the flashing lights ?
2. i noticed 2 error messages one about _civ = something or other i cant remember them
but i know it wasnt me beecause i dont have a script saying _civ = and i was using ECP

Zulu_86

« Reply #26 on: 26 Jul 2005, 10:16:39 »
if you have a load of addons try using mod folders to seperate them all theres a tutorial in the editors depot that might help a bit

I technically removed all the 3rd Party addons I had just to see if it would work and it actually did. Cheers :)
Playing around with bare BIS units is a bit of a drag, but the ECP stuff is just fantastic! ;D

Disappointing for me though because I thought I really didn't have that many addons to begin with, and considering CSLA worked with them, I still don't know why ECP wouldn't for me. :-\

Oh incidentally, I was playing around at night outside Churches and didn't see any lighting effects. Was I doing something wrong?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #27 on: 26 Jul 2005, 10:40:02 »
it might depend where you are aswell i tried morton the church in their seemed to have parties lots of red flickering lights also why do the fountains glow ?
it just makes you visible in nigh missions i ususally hide near a fountain with bushes by the side i just lye down and shoot everyone now i cant they see me to quick

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #28 on: 26 Jul 2005, 11:15:03 »
also whilst playing it yesterday i noticed 2 things
1. Why do people have parties in the churches because of the flashing lights ?
2. i noticed 2 error messages one about _civ = something or other i cant remember them
but i know it wasnt me beecause i dont have a script saying _civ = and i was using ECP

Yup, I saw it too.

I believe it was civ = _d

One thing though, when running ECP with the CoC artillery addon i get this error message "sound coc_obhum not found"? Anybody else?

I have that message with and without ECP. I think it's a missing sound in the obelisk.

Search or search or search before you ask.

Ryu

« Reply #29 on: 26 Jul 2005, 14:37:33 »
Loving it so far.

Is there a list of dedicated servers that use ECP?

Anyone know any good servers that use it?