Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scripting Reference in development - helpers required  (Read 1551 times)

Offline hardrock

• Members
  • Title? What's that?
    • Operation FlightSim
I am currently developing a new Scripting Reference for OFP's whole scripting, editing and mission making sector. This should replace the official ComRef, which is giving very low information. The new reference aims to gather every single piece of information for every single command, their MP behaviour, bugs, to include additional info and tutorials about dialogs, the CoC NS etc. The second aim of this Scripting Reference is to be clearly arranged and organized and well designed, to simplify the usage. Another strong point is the search function. In general, I followed the example of the PHP Documentation.

My problem right now is that I am out of time. Baddo told me to ask here for some help to be able to finish this useful document. I'm posting this on the advanced board, as I am searching for really advanced scripters who know every single command and then even more.

Requirements:
• you have free time and motivation to spend on this project
• you are willing to follow guidelines
• you have a basic knowledge of html code
• you are willing to learn
• you are able to work in a team

If all of these points apply to you, contact me either via pm or write to ofp_hardrock@gmx.at

To verify the seriousness of this project, here are names of prominents contributing to it:
General Barron (OFPEC), raedor (Mapfact), CrashDome (Sinews of War), Rastavovich (BIS), Vektorboson

If this forum is badly chosen, any mod should feel free to move this topic.

hardrock

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Scripting Reference in development - helpers required
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2005, 15:19:04 »
Hummm........Ummmm......Yes.

My first instinct is to shove this in the Recruitment board, but, for now, I will leave it here just to see if it attracts flies.   ;D

Sorry.....Just my little joke.

It will most probably get moved anyway. We will see.  ;)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2005, 15:42:17 »
We'll leave it here for now.   Technically it should be in the Recruitment Lounge, but this is an exception.    I want all the folk who come here regularly to see it.

It's a very worthwhile and ambitious project.      The Comments posted on the online comref in the Editors Depot will prove useful, as will the bugged command thread sticky on this board.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline hardrock

• Members
  • Title? What's that?
    • Operation FlightSim
« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2005, 20:16:14 »
Thanks macguba. I hope this will attract anyone.