Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: inacurate M16's  (Read 816 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
inacurate M16's
« on: 21 Jul 2005, 21:06:56 »
okay everyones sick and tired of being shot in the back of the head by a dumb ai over 200metres away
but now ive got a way making the M16 or AK74's less acurate (well it could be done with any weapon)
i need to get the velocity of a bullet wich is found using nearest object of the bullet from a fired even handler
then once im with the velocity im stumped i know im going to change one of the x,y,z of the bullet but wich one shall i change and how much to make a realistic bullet ?
also how can i make the velocity changes more random asin the bullet doesnt always go to the left or the right

basically i hope this script that im making could help mission makers make longer and more intense fire fights in their missions

Pravit

Re:inacurate M16's
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2005, 21:59:42 »
The HD weapons available in the JAM pack work well, and most people have JAM even if they don't like getting other addons. Only problem with the HD weapons, though, is that if you try to use one of them, you shoot "poorly" yourself. Your script sounds kind of neat, though - I guess try adding a random small component to the bullet's velocity vector and experiment with how much dispersion you get.

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2005, 22:48:59 »
how about something like:
_bullet setvelocity [(velocity _bullet select 0) + (random .01) - (random .01),(velocity _bullet select 1) + (random .01) - (random .01),(velocity _bullet select 2) + (random .01) - (random .01)]

i know .01 seems like very little, but i don't think it will take much to affect the final destination

also in large firefights i would image this could cause a decent amount of lag....

bdfy1

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2005, 23:35:11 »
:)

A HD alternative
    There is also an addon-free way to make units fire more erratically. By using the "setdammage" command to put them at negative life, their aim will wobble as though they were injured. For example, setting a unit to -0.8 damage will make him wobble as though he were at -0.8 damage. Best yet, this has no weird side-effects: the units don't get 'extra' or 'less' life. Once a unit gets hit, he will first return to 0 damage, and then the hit damage will be applied. I recommend setting a unit to -1 damage for 0% skill, up to 0 damage for 100% skill. You can also then increase the AI's real skill to 100%, giving them maximum view distance.
    If a unit uses a medic or is healed, he will be set to 0 life. So don't use this on the player's squad, since they can be healed.

(c)General Baron

456820,quite the contrary it would be interesting to see _very_ occurate_ shooting script ;)

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2005, 00:40:26 »
problem with that is that is will heal any wounded soldiers....

qqqqqq

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2005, 09:00:14 »
No, you apply it the start of the mission.

The problem is any loons which are wounded and healed.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2005, 11:47:17 »
ill try Triggerhappy's idea sounds resonable but it will cause lag as its running through so many evenhandlers so if anyone know a better way please say.
ive tried the setdammage before but didnt like it as if they get healed there not as inacurate as before plus they fire less i want lots of rounds all over the place with inacurate rifles

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2005, 18:11:29 »
the only other thing you could do is use hd ammo, such as the jam mod, or config your own

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2005, 18:35:15 »
So you've tried setdamaging down to 0.1?

Try going the other way  ;)

Take a unit, and put:
this setdamage -1
in its int field, and any gun he uses will be HD, and go back to being normal when someone else uses it.

Try it, it works.
The lower the number, the more HD the weapon is.  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2005, 19:19:54 »
i tried both of the setdammage + and - neither were what i wanted
with the setdmamge they can just go et healed plus they dont fire as much so you dont get as many tracers in a mission wich is around dawn so i want tracers and near missies all over the place
Jam i can use cause im making an addon free campaign so the best way must be to do that script with setting the velocity slightly off so the bullet goes its own way
i still havent used triggerhappy's idea yet i meant t but forgot ill have a go now