Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: t.v view  (Read 821 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
t.v view
« on: 12 Jul 2005, 19:03:33 »
okay ive got a problem with the tv screen in ofp when you use a trigger goto effects at the bottom chose objects and you should be able to select tv set and it creates a tv screen around the normal screen so it loooks like your looking at a tv
but in my cutscene when i use the unit say "outro1" the screen vanished and isleft with a normal camera scene and if i make another screen after every say command its very jumpy and shows about a second or less of normal screen
ive seen this done before but i cant seem to get it to work

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re:t.v view
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2005, 19:46:02 »
Does that scene has subtitles or so?

Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2005, 19:47:58 »
Does that scene has subtitles or so?

do you mean does it have subtitles if so than yes is that whats getting rid of the tv view ?

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2005, 21:21:02 »
You might want to use a script to get the TV view.  Use cutObj ["TVset", "plain"].  Then if you want titles use titletext ["your text", "plain down", 1] (you may want a different effect than "plain down" and different time than 1).  The reason you have to use titleText instead of cutText, is that cutText will remove the TV view.  In general, if you want to end a cuttext, cutRsc, cutObj command you do so by using another cut.... command.  Likewise title... commands "overright" a previous title... command.  So if you want two affects at the same time (like text and the TV), then one must be done using cut.... and the other using title.....  You may not have this same flexibility if you are using trigger generated cammera effects (I do not know for sure since I have only done camera stuff with scripts), but I do know for sure that with scripted cut scenes you can have both effects simultaneously.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2005, 22:20:00 »
Exactly, thats what I meant Raptorsaurus.

If you use :

Code: [Select]
cutObj ["TVset", "plain"].
titlecut ["Here is my subtitle","PLAIN DOWN"]

The TVset won't be visible.

You have to use :

Code: [Select]
cutObj ["TVset", "plain"].
titletext ["Here is my subtitle","PLAIN DOWN"]

« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2005, 22:23:42 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2005, 16:17:05 »
ok thanks alot ill have a go i was actually using what comes with the sounds the subtitles that pop up with the sound but anyway ill try this
thanks