Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The P3D Project: Relaunched  (Read 4462 times)

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
The P3D Project: Relaunched
« on: 11 Oct 2002, 05:10:17 »
Hi All!

There have been a few requests (apparently) for the old p3d project to be re-launched, and so I put the pages back up. Get to them here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/p3dproject/index.php

The p3d project is simply a listing of all of the objects in the game, and their associated texture files.

Such a listing was required back before Oxygen was out, so I though I might start a thread to determine if OFPEC should continue to build this listing or not.

I don't even know who put HOURS of work into this listing in the first place (and as you can see it is only up to 'K').

So, please vote and reply with your thoughts. If you are willing to help build the listing, please let me know also.

I will leave the listing up, the debate here is 'do we build the listing further'.

Thoughts?
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Kaliyuga

Re:The P3D Project: Relaunched
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2002, 12:45:29 »
 Hey... it's almost halfway there right? so why not keep going ... Only thing I didn't quite understand was this bit
Such a listing was required back before Oxygen was out
 Does that mean that Oxygen accomplishes this for you , or somehow makes it easier to get a hold of the texture names?   I haven't used it myself (yet) ;D so I really have no clue about it  :P

I think that WRP edit could actually come in handy for this too.....

I know it allows you to view all textures and the P3D names without having to decrypt or de-pbo anything..
 I have a look at the list so far, and if there's anything I have to add, I'll pitch in to help finishing it ;D

asmodeus

« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2002, 23:35:36 »
I also would like to know if Oxygen takes care of this issue, making this unnecessary?

If not, then I would definately like to see this list finished..  I'm pretty busy but will lend a hand to the project!   ;D  

Asmo   :P

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2002, 00:08:02 »
I have never used Oxygen - I am not a 3d modelling person by any stretch of the imagination ;)

basically, the listing is just text files converted to html. We could get all serious about it and make one big excel document - in fact, that is what i might do. But I'll wait until it is more complete first.

We can work on it right here. What we'll do it this: pick a letter (from K onwards, or from A-Z if you are updating a section to 1.75). Reply here with details of what section you are doing, and i'll add you to a listing on the actual p3d project page.

I imagine that WRPEdit (as Kaliyuga stated) would be the best way to find out the textures used by a given p3d file.

Compile the section in a text document, using the same format as is being used already, that is something like:

-----------------------------
9K32_Strela_proxy.p3d:

data\sam_lod.paa (2)
data\sam_lod_gif.pac (3)
data\sam_roura1.paa (1)
data\sam_roura1_gif.pac (3)
data\sam_roura2_gif.pac (3)
data\sam_rukojet_gif.pac (4)

6 different textures used, 16 in total.
-----------------------------

Please make the listing for the entire letter alphabetical. At the end of the text document, please place your member name and email addy so i can reference your work in the ed depot.

You can either email the text document to me or upload it here as an attachment.

Once it is all done i'll look at putting the data into a spreadsheet or something similar for easy download.

So, pick a letter, and lets finish this biatch! :o

Also: does anyone know who did the work on it up to now?
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

asmodeus

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2002, 16:10:04 »
Alllllll right!

I'll get to work on it as soon as my schedule deems it possible!   ::)   :P

snYpir-  I have no idea who did the work so far!  I just heard about this project from you!   :o   ;)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2003, 21:52:35 »
Is there still an interest in seeing this project finished?

The reason I ask is, I have most of it completed, but I almost lost the lot in a hard drive crash.

I managed to salvage it all though.

As I said, it is almost finished......A -- Z.......Original P3D files + Resistance ones also.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2003, 22:04:07 »
 I'm sure we would be glad to host it for you Planck  if you submitted it ...

I myself was never too clear on what the use would be other than for reskinning BIS stuff.. which seems a little unneccesary after O2....

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2003, 00:15:24 »
I will submit it then once I have it finished.

The main use is, as you say, for help in reskinning BIS models.

It has to be said though, that unless there is an MLOD version of any particular model you cant reskin it in O2.

Using this info it is possible to replace the textures in ODOL models also.

Another use for this is to see where mistakes were made in the texture list paths and thereby discover the reasons why some models are unable to find their textures.

btw.......I don't know if it is generally known or not, but there is in fact an MLOD version of the CH47 Chinook hidden away in the ch47.pbo.

Planck
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2003, 00:40:32 by Planck »

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2003, 22:28:50 »

Is there still an interest in seeing this project finished?

Planck

you bet!  :-* ;) And YOU'RE the man, planck!!!  8)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2003, 20:57:56 »
For anyone who is interested, I have finished my version of the P3D Project and have uploaded it to the Editors Depot.

However it will be in the Pending section till it is deemed suitable for a slot elsewhere.

Enjoy.......I'm just glad it is finished.

Planck

Kaliyuga

« Reply #10 on: 29 Sep 2003, 23:10:36 »
 Thanks alot Planck
:cheers:

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 30 Sep 2003, 20:48:52 »
Made a small addition to the Readme file for the P3D Project.

No need for any who have downloaded it already to re-download........unless they want to.

Planck

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2003, 22:26:54 »
Good, I'll download it right now.
I think that sense Mod folders have been available the need for something like that is greater.
The reason why is because some people( like me) would like to retexture the game and do that by using a mod folder, so changing the necesary P3D files for different ones and rename them to the same as the originals can make the looks of OFP alot beter.
Add a customised Configuration.BIN with things like Goldmember's Explo-mod and InQuisitor's weapons pack, and so on, and you can have a brand new Operation FlashPoint in your hands.
So to know the name of them P3Ds is important for a project like the one I'm about.
Thanks for the good work, and I apologice for my bad English gramma.
SCREWBY!!!