Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: spotting with the binocs  (Read 645 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
spotting with the binocs
« on: 11 Jul 2005, 09:50:27 »
okay ive had a look at snYpirs laser designator tut
but i dont want to use the LD i want to be able to use the player binocs to get the position of where the player is then create an A10 LGB out at sea wich will fire its lgbs at the designated spot using a domove and the fire commands
i also want to have a sidechat on the screen using a grid coord function in the function libary wich tells the position of where you clicked but i muight be able to get that to work with where your looking ?

since im not using an LD snYpirs tut isnt that usefull but i might be able to get where the player looking with his binocs ?

any other idas ?

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
Re:spotting with the binocs
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2005, 15:30:05 »
i'm pretty sure the only way it would work is if you made an addon with an ld that looked like binocs...
but don't take my word for it
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2005, 15:30:20 by Triggerhappy »

qqqqqq

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2005, 16:18:41 »
i want to be able to use the player binocs to get the position of where the player is

Why?  What's wrong with getpos player?

the position of where you clicked

What click?  What are you talking about?

i might be able to get where the player looking with his binocs ?

So where does the click come into it?

Do you want the plane to bomb an enemy unit or a spot on the ground?     Why can't you use the LD or snYpir's support pack?

If you mean "Is it possible to tell where the player is looking through his binoculars?" the answer is probably "no".    Unless you can fake getelevation and figure out where his line of sight hits the ground.    

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2005, 17:00:25 »
Why?  What's wrong with getpos player?
well sorry phrased that wrong i mean get the pos of where the players looking

What click?  What are you talking about?
i would like it so when you click but i suppose using radio might worek just as well like when you right click to tell your squad about that enemy

So where does the click come into it?
as in when i look throught the binocs then right click then an A10 comes and bombs the place

Do you want the plane to bomb an enemy unit or a spot on the ground?    Why can't you use the LD or snYpir's support pack?
thats exactly what i want look through binocs and where your looking an A10 bombs the place
the reason im not using snYpirs LD tut is because its very unlikely the soldiers going to chose an LD is it ? plus i want the strikes possible whatever the units weapon selection is

if i cant use the binoc idea then ill probaly have to use on map single click command
unless i can use that keyboard script in the ed depot check if the player has his binocs out then check if he presses the fire key then if so fires a laser to desigante the target but that probaly wont work

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2005, 19:41:03 »
ok, i've looked around, and this puzzle is starting to make me feel stupid. where is this LD tut that ur talking about?
Cymbaline

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2005, 19:43:04 »
this is it

the one called editing with the laser designator by snYpir

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2005, 19:47:48 »
ok. thank you. sorry for somewhat off-topic post.
Cymbaline

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2005, 19:51:28 »
another thing i would like is that you have to target objects this i think i could do
use the binocs to target a tank if the player is using his binocs and he used the radio the A10 joins the players team and when the player clicks a soldiers number than puts the reticole over another soldier it shows a little squre with a cross in the middle saysing soldier do you understand then when you click the mouse button you say
# Attack soldier
for example
i would like that but you dont have to chose the A10's number in the list
is this anymore possibe ?