Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: K-Kill (Turret Popping) Addon/Script  (Read 2136 times)

Grendel

K-Kill (Turret Popping) Addon/Script
« on: 17 Jun 2005, 01:56:55 »
Well, my freeweb site is finally non-provisional so I could upload the zip.

Here is the Beta version of project K-Kill.

Student Pilot did all the addon work/configs

I did the scripting and effects.

Heres the link to the page with the .pbo (tank_parts.pbo 1.15 MB)

http://www.freewebs.com/ssg-grendel/kkill.htm

The Demo mission is attatched below

Enjoy!

-Grendel
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2005, 02:00:09 by Grendel »

Dubieman

Re:K-Kill (Turret Popping) Addon/Script
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2005, 03:30:07 »
I'll test it when I have time, so tomoz or weekend. Can't wait too mess with it... ;)

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2005, 05:13:40 »
this addon/script is really cool ;D , only bugs I could find is that some of the destroyed models have lighting problems :)

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2005, 15:04:52 »
only bugs I could find is that some of the destroyed models have lighting problems :)
I thought I saw the same thing.  I will work on that and see if I can fix it.  Btw, I do intend to put destroyed textures on the hulls and turrets.  I'm just not sure when.

-Student Pilot

Offline Wadmann

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm the next evolutionary step after a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2005, 16:21:52 »
I had time to check out the demo and saw a couple of strange things. :o

When I destroyed the shilka, the turret landed with the gun barrels pionted at about 7:00 (~200 degrees?) and it did not fall to the ground as gravity would normally dictate. Even stranger was the fact that it just slowly drifted off and disappeared into the distance! ??? Maybe it needs more weight in the config of the turret.

As I was destroying the different vehicles, I was about to fire on the M1 (? one of the end tanks) and it blew up on it's own! The tank next to it was already destroyed so maybe the cookoffs ignited it.

As already mentioned, there were some lighting issues on the destroyed models.

Suggestions:

1) Perhaps allow the user to determine the probability of the turrent popping off. Maybe a parameter in the calling array that would allow you to set it like .33 or .75 and have a 1/3 or 3/4 chance of popping.

2) A boolean to turn on or off the cookoff rounds again as a parameter in the calling array.

3) I think that you mentioned that the vehicles would have more armour than what is used in the demo as it seems a little odd to be able to take out a MBT with a single LAW or RPG hit to the front of tank. Perhaps I am just used to the BIS values after 3+ years of playing OFP.

Great job none the less! :thumbsup:

Nice site BTW. I love you sense of humor and attitude! I look forward to the next version.

Wadmann
Check out my Camouflage Collection! New items added 31 July 2005.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2005, 16:41:36 »
I think that you mentioned that the vehicles would have more armour than what is used in the demo as it seems a little odd to be able to take out a MBT with a single LAW or RPG hit to the front of tank. Perhaps I am just used to the BIS values after 3+ years of playing OFP.
Actually, the vehicles in the demo are the BIS vehicles.  Their damage is set to around .7, making them easier to kill for the purpose of the demo mission.

EDIT:
When I destroyed the shilka, the turret landed with the gun barrels pionted at about 7:00 (~200 degrees?) and it did not fall to the ground as gravity would normally dictate. Even stranger was the fact that it just slowly drifted off and disappeared into the distance! ??? Maybe it needs more weight in the config of the turret.
I have seen this too, but I don't know what the problem is.  I think it might be OFP's clipping issue rearing it's ugly head again.  I'll keep looking into it.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2005, 16:43:12 by Student Pilot »

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2005, 17:58:06 »
wow, those are some neat effects, i dint find many errors but the ones allready mentioned.

Perhaps allow the user to determine the probability of the turrent popping off. Maybe a parameter in the calling array that would allow you to set it like .33 or .75 and have a 1/3 or 3/4 chance of popping.

yes, i agree, because in real life the turrets of tanks Never would "pop off" from being shot by another tank. it posibly could if it recived a near direct hit from a bomb though, so how would i set it so the turret only comes off from hits by certain weapons like the A10s bombs.

but I do want the other effects to stay, how would i do this?

nice script.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jun 2005, 18:36:39 »
This was discussed in the development thread of this, and they do some times :)
Grendel uses tanks in/as his job, if I'm not wrong :P
Going to test this now
- Ben

Grendel

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2005, 04:33:33 »
Thanks for all the input so far guys!

I had to do some unit training 'out of town' today, so it took me awhile to get online.  Student PIlot has already adressed the major issues.

The random chance for turrets actually being blown will be implemented in the alpha, and if the vehicle is killed without the turret effects, I will modify the spalling/burning/secondary explosions as appropriate. This Beta was mostly just a 'tech demo' of the effect.

@Wadmann:

Thanks for checking out my fledgeling little site!  Glad you appreciate the humor.  It is very much a work in progress (my first site) and I hope to add some more content soon.

@Penguinman:

Ben is quite right...In my job, I am often working as a M3A3 Bradley Commander (as well as Stryker, uparmored HMMWVs, or on foot in a recon or sniper team- depending on who I'm scouting for), and I am quite well versed in armored combat.  Please rest assured that I try to infuse my projects with as much real world accuracy as is possible within the OFP engine (and beyond if I can find a loophole).  I know that it is hard to believe that a 'little' depleted uranium penetrator is capable of providing enough energy to lift 20 some tons, but they can. ;)

I will post a new version of the scripts sometime this weekend.

Thanks again guys!

-Grendel

Dubieman

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jul 2005, 19:15:40 »
I can't beleive that I never posted on this, I swear I did...

Anyways I loved it, and really the only bug is that small weapons can trigger the script, but you are on that right now, so no worries. Can't wait to the finished version. ;)