Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: hand held flares  (Read 723 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
hand held flares
« on: 06 Jul 2005, 18:03:19 »
okay i saw a thread on flares about 3 thread s down but anyway it gave me a nice idea
in real life you can also get hand held flares used to signal aircraft and so on
so is there away (addons free) to create a flare in a soldiers hand and make it set off so it looks like hes holding a lit flare then make him wave it above his head ?
it would look really good for one of my missions
cheers

Bluelikeu

Re:hand held flares
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jul 2005, 18:08:31 »
One can use the drop command to create a small "light" object i suppose. Not sure which one would do best, but that is the way to do it. According to details in the drop[] thread, one can also specify to create the object directly on the hand.

If you wanted to make the person waive his arms in the air, an add-on is required ofcourse.

This sounds interesting to me, I'd like to see it done too.

Thanks,
Bluelikeu

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jul 2005, 18:14:10 »
so i cant cam create a flare in the air so it ignites then set pos it in a loop in the soldiers hand ?

also since i dont want to use up space on the boar how do i set all east units on the map into combat mode and open fire ?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jul 2005, 18:21:03 »
one question per thread please - it gets very confusing otherwise, and some folks who might be interested in the answer to your second question might miss subsequent answers...

however, the answer lies in the 'thislist' command... do some searching.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jul 2005, 18:24:45 »
okay sorry bedges ill start a new thread but i kind of know a bit of it

Bluelikeu

« Reply #5 on: 06 Jul 2005, 18:38:30 »
acually you would need to use the drop[] command not the camcreate command in order for this to look good/work right. The drop[] command should automatically put it in the person's hand. I'm not sure about this as i havn't tested it.

Edit:
Sorry not automatically but rather you should specify it in the position's field of the drop[] command instead of a position.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2005, 19:20:59 by Bluelikeu »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jul 2005, 18:43:43 »
cheers ill have alook with the drop command tut in the ed depot i already looked at it before but didnt understand it much ill have another go though