Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cassino and Monte Cassino Abbey  (Read 1527 times)

kobay

Cassino and Monte Cassino Abbey
« on: 17 Jun 2005, 13:29:38 »
HELLO EVERY

Here again, a new one finish.

This time i'm sharing the map  of Cassino

When i founded old historical books about WWII i discovered some maps of the advance of Allies trought Italy (home country).
So i decided to build this map.
The Cassino map is made with help of historical picture taken during WWII.
Most of towns are reconstructed following maps of that time.
The Cassino Abbey is true as it can be, i've scaled a map of Abbey before the bombing.
I know that the house inside are not as real as they was, but they are similar and for the game i thought that to many addons needed could be heavy for playing.
Well any way here is, try it wander around and take a look at the abbey and let me know.

the addon needed is the TMKY bridges (link included on readme fle)

This is the link
http://rapidshare.de/files/2440987/cassino1.0.rar.html

RapidShare Happy-Hours: Normal time. Its 14:18 CET.

The file is compressed: cassino.pbo - screenshot - readme.txt

If some one have problem with download mail me and i will send it by mail

Thanks to all

UAH!  Kobay

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re:Cassino and Monte Cassino Abbey
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2005, 01:40:00 »
I decided to download this and try it out.  It took me a while to download, as my dial-up connection kept dropping out.  This isn't your fault, the internet where I'm at isn't that great.

I think this island looks good!  You learned a lot from your earlier islands, didn't you?  I especially liked the Abbey.  I thought it was well done and well presented.

Here are a couple of things you could improve, though:
1: The river banks are quite blocky.  I have experimented with island editing and know how hard it is to get rivers and coasts right, but there is room for improvement.  If you use WRPTool, I suggest you try out the blur feature in the elevation tool.  If you use WRPEdit, you'll have to select each node and set the elevation from there.

2: The roads in a few places are misaligned.  If you use WRPTool, all it should take is to drag the bad road pieces into place.

3: While the terrain does look quite good, it also could be blurred just a bit more.

With a bit of improvement, this could be a great map.  It is certainly a great addition to any WWII mod.  Keep up the good work!

-Student Pilot

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2005, 17:24:51 »
This is a very good map.
I can see you've taken a lot of time and effort to get everything realisticly placed, as well as the abbey itself. You've managed to make it look like one big building, rather than loads of rubble. Good work  :thumbsup:
I like the large towns, and the bridges are good. Plenty of places for a good mission to take place.

A couple of errors:

1. In some of the villages, the roads do not link up. 2 of them are at de35 and bi28. No biggy, but I just thought I should mention it  ;)
2. In the town Gaeta, the docks are floating in mid air.
3. Also in Gaeta, there are a few road pieces out of place.
4. On the beaches, the textures are not blended on the edges. Looks a bit jagged.

Other than that, this map seems very promising. And it only uses one addon  ;)

Good luck  ;)
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2005, 17:26:48 by greg147 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

kobay

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2005, 17:38:09 »
Thanks to both you,

i'll take the improvement of student and greg and work on it the next days

Thanks again.

UAH! Kobay

kobay