Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MandoAir - Air units support scripts tutorial mission  (Read 9743 times)

Offline zwobot

• Members
Re: MandoAir - Air units support scripts tutorial mission
« Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2008, 16:59:09 »
Is the mandoland.sqs script multiplayer compatible?
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #16 on: 13 Apr 2008, 18:17:40 »
Yes, as long as you make sure to execute it only there where the plane is local.

Offline zwobot

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 14 Apr 2008, 09:02:48 »
Okay, cool.
So I should not execute it in an onActivation field of a waypoint or trigger? Or if I do so would I have to check in the script
Code: [Select]
?not(local name_of_the_ai_plane_to_land) : exit?
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 14 Apr 2008, 13:29:55 »
You may use a trigger, which ensures the execution everywhere, and then, inside the script, proceed as your example, if not local, exit. This way the script will be executed only there where the vehicle is local each time (note that locality might change during the game).

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #19 on: 12 Sep 2008, 23:38:01 »
I've had problems with the air strike script near mountains. When I call the jet it just leaves the area again, as if it can't find a ingress or egress pint.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Kendo J

• Members
  • Britain Has more varieties of cheese than France
« Reply #20 on: 22 Sep 2008, 12:27:26 »
I am using Mandoheliroute.sqs for control of helo's doing different jobs. I chose this for a dynamic mission on AEC islands and so it is not a one off useage but has multiple uses at anytime

firstly it is suited well to my own insertion/extraction scripts as I already had a separate move script from landing and disembarking so I just replaced this with heliroute.sqs.

But two of the other functions I have heli's doing in my mission are delivering vehicles via a vehicle transport script and delivering troops via parachute.

Originally the para helo's had 3 waypoints, a move, S&D and a cycle. These were moved via [groupOne, 1] setWPPos getPos "logicOne" etc....

the first WP was to move over the target area "CARELESS" to parachute the troops, the S&D was then after the parachute to provide CAS for ground units.

At the moment the helo's just deliver the parachutes and then when they reach the mandoheliroute destination they are deleted.

Here are my questions........

Is it possible to exit Mandoheliroute.sqs after the transport is complete and then go and engage the enemy becoming a CAS mission?

Can the vehicle transport helo's hover above the target to drop the vehicle then land and unload troops via mandoheliroute.sqs?

The last question may not be essential as i can have the vehicles dropped after the heli reaches a certain height after landing has been initiated, but other suggestions are welcomed.

regards
Kendo

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #21 on: 24 Sep 2008, 00:40:32 »
1 - Yes, as soon as mandoheliroute finishes a route, the chopper is freed so you can use it for anything else.
2 - The only way to do that would be to modify the current code, check when the chopper is starting the landing sequence via mando heliroute, and just then drop the cargo (vehicle) while mandoheliroute proceeds with the rest of the landing sequence.

Offline Kendo J

• Members
  • Britain Has more varieties of cheese than France
« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2008, 11:32:37 »
1 - Yes, as soon as mandoheliroute finishes a route, the chopper is freed so you can use it for anything else.

Good because that is what I have been working with using Mandoheliroute for the same chopper twice in one fight plan

2 - The only way to do that would be to modify the current code, check when the chopper is starting the landing sequence via mando heliroute, and just then drop the cargo (vehicle) while mandoheliroute proceeds with the rest of the landing sequence.

So simple it is genius.

Regards
Kendo

Offline guziczek101

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 07 Sep 2011, 14:47:08 »
I know, i know but someone have this script?? Sorry for digging up the past