Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: new callout script  (Read 696 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
new callout script
« on: 13 Jun 2005, 21:15:46 »
okay so i was looking through the function libary and saw something interesting and reminded me of the black gap by Sui and when the enemy is detected it shows a radio message and says contact 1 oclock 300 for example so i thought i might have a go at something abut make it abit more complex and usefull
im planning on using
DirToPos by snYpir
distancePos by snYpir
so with them i can find out the direction and distance exactly
then i was going to use a detected by trigger set to the same as the view distance then east detected by players group
then when it has been detected i need to run a script to find out wich group has been detected then i can run bother of the functions to get a rough distance and a direction then i wasnt to use
threatmatrix by toadlife function wich says that it can help ai to make smarter decissions such as order there squad to engage or hold fire wich will hopefully make ofp combat more exciting and different but im not to good at making scripts so i would like some help of how to set up some of the basic scripts

If this isnt eneough to explain more fully what im trying to do then just say so and ill try to write some more and explain
I think thats it

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:new callout script
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2005, 21:18:13 »
hmm... is there a question in there, or are you just asking for general help to get your idea on the go? if that's the case, this belongs in the recruitment board....

CopyrightPhilly

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2005, 01:03:09 »
ok i 'think' what your asking is help on scripting in general... if it is then go into the editors depot and you will find a lot a of easy to follow tutorials to help you.

cheers,
Phil

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2005, 15:54:25 »
im just asking for a general path to guide me in the right way in the way of tutorials a few examples missions like what im looking for