Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Requests...  (Read 1103 times)

1B1KSniper

Requests...
« on: 09 Oct 2002, 17:49:06 »
Seeing as I am fairly useless when it comes to anything involving editing in OFP except cpp and islands, I thought I'd make a few requests which require new models...
1.  A jetski, could be made ship class to allow it to go fast, shouldn't be all that hard once the model is made and skinned.
2.  ATV's(All Terrain Vehicles) such as quads and dirt bikes.  The motorcycle that came with resistance is pretty fun, but I'd like to see other things like it, such as the snowmobile which came out a little while ago at ofp.info.  They would be especially useful for insertion to remote bases where air support/insertion would not be feasible or too risky.
3.  McDonalds.  I find it quite unrealistic that NONE of the towns on ANY of the islands I've seen have any McDonalds.  I live in the back asswards city of Tianjin in China, and they've got McDonalds all over the place.
4.  Realistic artillery.  It's not that hard.  Have it shoot Grenades with a very high init speed and the gun move really slowly.
5.  MORE EASTERN UNITS.  'nuff said.
6.  Sea planes.  Don't know if it is currently possible in OFP, but it would be great.
7.  Tall buildings.  Doesn't have to be enterable, to minimise lag.  A variety of them would be awesome for making a nice city Which I would personally like to do on my own islands.
8.  on/off ramps and elevated highways.  Again, useful for cities.
That's all I can think of for now.

DrMeatballs

Re:Requests...
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2002, 01:33:28 »
Well McDonalds tend to be clustered in areas of high population or passing trade(ie cities and motorway service stations). Nowhere on any of the islands is larger than a small town and small towns tend to have funny attitiudes to large chains opening branchs anywhere near them(ie on the west coast of scotland there isn't a macdonalds north of bearsden or dumbarton the east coast is a different story though but i doubt there are any out side of inverness or aberdeen). But if you must have name branding about to feel comfy them if you insist soemone will make one and i admit it would be fun to blow a McDonalds up now and then :)
Sea planes do have some problems as they don't seem to act properly in respect to the canfloat value thing.
I'm shure i've seen at least one tall biuldings pack around and for elvated highways you could just use the new bridge sections from Res but ramps would be a different matter as would corners.

1B1KSniper

Re:Requests...
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2002, 14:52:12 »
For the highway, I was pretty much just looking for the curving parts and things I couldn't use the one I already have for.
And as for Seaplanes, hopefully that will be fixed in one of the future patches.