Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: get rid of wind  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
Re:get rid of wind
« Reply #15 on: 11 Jun 2005, 01:52:25 »
OK, finally, here is the parachute landing control script.  I went ahead and made a demo mission.  There is no readme, but the headers/footers in the scripts and functions are very detailed.

I hope it works for you.  One thing that I found when I was doing more careful testing of the demo, is that parachutes do not like being "setvelocitied" against the wind.  They will move fine with the wind, even transverse to the wind and even as much as a 45 degree angle toward the wind, but as soon as you try to force them to go more directly against the wind than 45 degrees they become very slow moving.  I guess that this is OK, as even in real life, a "glide" chute does not go very well against the wind.
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2005, 03:05:09 by Raptorsaurus »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: 11 Jun 2005, 08:37:08 »
hey thanks for the script, im just about to test it hope it works

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #17 on: 13 Jun 2005, 22:52:37 »
I'm working on am improved version that does better at moving toward the wind.  The current version uses "passive" manipulation of the parachute velocity to change its direction toward the target.  But since the parachute's downward movement vector (the Z velocity component), is very small, it does not provide enough "power" to go toward the wind.  So I am going to make a "cheating" script that will add just a bit of "thrust" to the parachute.  I hope it works.  I will give it a try tonight.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2005, 15:59:03 »
okay ive tried that but instead of taking me to the marker it flys me all the way south into the sea wich is a good 600metres and i said the min and max size with in 40-0 metres ??