Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: exit.sqs  (Read 978 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
exit.sqs
« on: 31 May 2005, 19:46:58 »
okay ive made a mission with 5 objectives 3 of wich are optional and im guessing the exit.sqs script will be the right direction im wondeing how i can make it that if the player did not chose to do such a specific objective instead in the debriefing leaving it as just a black circle have it crossed.
How would i go about doing this ?

And another thing (might be done with the exit.sqs)
is when the players finished all his objectives he must retreat but if he decided to do one objective near the forest the trigger runs through the forest so if he triggers it there i dont want to have to show my outr where he is in plane fields i want all camera angels the same but just in a different place on the map

NOTE - Im using relative camera angels like camsettarget player. like that if that helps

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:exit.sqs
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2005, 19:49:23 »
? objective not done : "4" objStatus "failed"

syntax not guaranteed but you get the idea.   Use variables to detect whether an objective has been completed or not.

If you want to show things as they were in the mission, use a cutscene at the end of the mission rather than an outro.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2005, 19:53:03 »
ah thanks ill try that but the thing about the cutscene is that alot happend so it wouldt be the same as having it as an outro. but if all else fails ill have to do that,
would this be right
? "4" objstatus "ACTIVE" : "4" objstatus "FAILED"

if so does that go in the exit.sqs file aswell
Also thanks for the quick response

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2005, 19:57:38 »
I've never tried that in exit.sqs, but try it and see.    Use a dummy missionette to test it.

I don't think you can use objstatus like that.   Better to use a variables to keep track of the status of the objective.

? activeObj4 and (not doneObj4) : "4" objStatus "failed"

Remember to initialise variables in init.sqs.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2005, 20:29:05 »
another thing i never seem to initialise them in the init.sqs but the whole game still runs smoothely.
also thanks ill try that.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2005, 19:04:03 »
how about something like
something wich detects where the player is like
player getpos player
something like that wich returns something then you can do that at the very begining of the outro.sqs use the returned info from
player getpos player (thats not the right syntax but yo should get what i mean) then set pos the player there. would that work if so does anyone know corect syntax

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 01 Jun 2005, 21:38:34 »
Use saveVar and saveStatus commands.   Don't have an Outro:  make the cutscene the Intro of the next mission, since you are making a campaign.