Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cheater  (Read 978 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Cheater
« on: 29 May 2005, 11:34:06 »
im wondering if theres away to detect if the player has chated ive seen it before on a campaign at the end it said "Hope you can complete it properly next time" and i also did cheat in the campaign so is this a real way or did they just put that in becuase they thought people were going to cheat in it?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Cheater
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2005, 11:49:59 »
a bit more info is required. how did you 'cheat' exactly?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2005, 12:09:30 »
well i cheated basically using the endmission and that was all just on those tricky missions. Also it was the Too young to die campaign if that helps any more

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2005, 12:23:58 »
hmmm, well short of de-pbo'ing the campaign - which i suggest you do anyways - i'm not sure. there are a couple of ways it could be done - checking for variables which get set on completion of various objectives, and are tested for at the end would be my guess. i'm downloading the campaign now anyways, if i find anything i'll let you know ;)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2005, 12:28:01 »
thanks also its definately not a waste downloading the campaign its very very good.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2005, 14:05:35 »
I'm not sure what debriefing you get if you use the endMission cheat - investigate it.     Assuming it's End#1 then make that "you cheater" and use End#2 etc for your real endings.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2005, 18:04:16 »
good idea i shall try that later thanks