Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: switch camera troubles  (Read 1021 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
switch camera troubles
« on: 28 May 2005, 09:42:12 »
okay im having some troble with switch camera ive made a bmp target a game logic and then switch the camera like this
bmp1 switchcamera "Gunner"
~2
bmp1 dotarget gl2

but it doesnt show through the optics just waits at the last camera position until its told to move to its next position any suggestions?

EDIT
also i can get it to work in mission but not in my intro or outro but when i do it in mission and tell the camera to target the player (wich isright after the switch camera) the camera goes into the sea so i tried to switch the camera to External and see if that would help but no luck.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2005, 10:20:16 by 456820 »

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
Re:switch camera troubles
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2005, 10:23:09 »
The switchcamera is for ingame use - for the intro you will
need the cameraeffect command.

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2005, 10:26:40 »
If you've managed to get a BMP to target a gamelogic, you're the first person who ever has...... But I suspect that you haven't which is why the BMP doesn't do anything.   GLs can't be targetted.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2005, 10:30:38 »
it appears that i havei set the bmp to look away from the game logic and when i zoom into it it has the turret facing over to the gl so i was guessing it can plus i think i saw somewhere that gl's can be targeted it was either here of te bi frums.
also how do i use camera effect i looked in the comref but it doesnt say how to use the gunner's view just positions

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2005, 10:42:57 »
Gamelogic's can't be targetted

But the doWatch command would work - but this would make the whole bmp turn to direction of the gamelogic

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2005, 15:01:02 »
ok cheers ill try dowatch command but if switchcamera only works in mission what is the correct camera effect, and also whats the default switch camera setting.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jun 2005, 16:57:43 »
right ive solved that so far but whilst starting a new mission wich has a switch camera code in the mission so when i tell the camera to white out and exit it just ingnores me stays whited out and wont go back to the players view