Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Another idea!  (Read 1551 times)

ProudPotter2490

Another idea!
« on: 15 May 2005, 21:24:28 »
Hey everyone!
Out of boredom I was trying to think of more ideas for OFPEC. Then I came up with this: interactive chat.

We've seen interviews get kicked into action quite recently with a single figure in OFPEC trying to cover as many points as possible. Many would agree this is great! But it is only inevitable that theres one question that interviewers will miss out. Correct?

So why not have a hosted chat? There can be a room that holds a number of people who ask questions live towards the victim interviewee. The post will go to a moderator who will eventually unpend the chat question. It'll then appear in the room and the victim interviewee can answer them.

In short:-
Question -> Moderator -> unpend question -> interviewee answers.

Of course, there will have to be limits to how many people should enter the chat to avoid an overflow. If there are any people causing trouble (eg: flood) they could always be kicked out and someone else may enter.

Can it be done? Of course it can. Take a look at http://www.thesims.com and look at their chat. It holds 500 (i think?) spectators besides the moderates and the interviewee him/herself.

Think it's a good idea? Then post ;D!
ProudPotter2490 :afro:

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
Re:Another idea!
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2005, 21:33:41 »
#ofpec @quakenet ? We've already got that m8!
Get those missions out there you morons!

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2005, 21:45:23 »
Hey.
Lol I know OFPEC has a chat room. But i've never seen it up. Also, this idea isn't really related to chatting. More along the lines of having more questions answered and letting the entire community get a question in without an interviewer missing a question out by accident or by having not thought of it :).

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2005, 22:11:29 »
For tips on how to use ofpec chat - which is alive and kicking - see this thread.

It is a most excellent idea and I know exactly what  you mean.     I suspect we can probably use a sideroom of ofpec chat to do it.    A time and victim would be announced and off we'd go.   It would be very fiercely moderated to keep it on topic:  we'd probably have a chairman to direct the discussion.

There are practical hurdles to overcome so we'd need to look into it.    Worth thinking about though, providing there is demand for it.    

Who would you like to see in the hotseat?

Would there be any demand for a roundtable discussion type format, where say 4 or 5 invited guests would discuss a topic.   Anybody could watch, but only those 4 or 5 could post.

Perhaps we could do it with two rooms:  in one there is the victim(s) and the chairman.    Nobody else can post but everybody can watch.   In another room there is a free for all.   The mods in that room grab the good questions and feed them to the chairman to put to the panel.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2005, 10:52:07 »
Hey macguba!
They're all good ideas. Ask for deciding who should be in the hotseat, a poll might be in order I suppose?