Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP Settings  (Read 1128 times)

gudehus

OFP Settings
« on: 05 May 2005, 02:32:33 »
I have a fairly good computer. But I can only run ofp at normal settings and can maybe turn them up to high as long as i dont have alot of grounps in mission. Is their a setting that i can change to make ofp run better. I should be able to run ofp and max settings and have no trouble considering it does not have the best graphics and is a fairly old game. Here are my system specs:

P 4  3gig , 1 gig of ram, G Force fx 5200 256 mb AGP (I know my video card is not the best) 120 gig Hard Drive.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:OFP Settings
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2005, 08:55:46 »
A top of the range retail computer purchased today is still not sufficiently powerful to run OFP on maximum settings in a large mission.   So don't worry about it.   The short range graphics are, as you say, not the best.   However in the middle and far distance they are excellent.

There are things you can do to speed up your game, the best probably being to keep your addon folder as clean as possible.

But this is a tech support question:  OFPEC is an editing only site, not a general OFP site.   For this kind of thing you'll get a much better response over at the official forums at www.flashpoint1985.com.    ;)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play