Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: My Gun, the HPMG  (Read 3187 times)

MOC_XIII

My Gun, the HPMG
« on: 04 May 2005, 23:40:31 »
hello all.
I desinged a very neat gun in school a few days ago.

The HPMG "Hi-Power Machine Gun"
FullAuto only
Medium range
High Damage
55 Round Mag
Very Loud

a photo is attatched.
Yes the picture sucks, i made it in a few minutes. Please no complaints on the picture.

I am looking for a modeler and a texturer.
Yes you will be mentioned in the credits.
I can make the Readme and Config.
And I can make the sounds.
If you want to help, reply here.

...MOC_XIII...

Dubieman

Re:My Gun, the HPMG
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2005, 00:23:07 »
Recruiting? :P

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2005, 01:59:15 »
is it a machine gun?

looks a little like a sub

MOC_XIII

« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2005, 02:27:14 »
Yes i am recruiting. Is it illegal or something?

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2005, 03:16:45 »
Is it illegal or something?
Yea, no recruiting on forums, though I don't think the recruitment depot is up, so that presents a problem. :P

As to the gun, looks a bit like a modernized Sten gun. It might need a longer barrel, or when you make it, have three diff models. Shorty (in picture), long (long barrel with heavier forward grips and bipod), and like an assualt version or something with a grenade launcher with light or diff sights...

MOC_XIII

« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2005, 03:46:16 »
Yes it is down. Could you or someone start it up and ill put in a vacancy.

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2005, 19:19:05 »
Uh, really if you think about it, if you dont do modeling OR texturing, you'll be lucky if you get ANY credit... Thus it will hardy be "your gun".
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Coldfire

« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2005, 20:32:26 »
Uh, really if you think about it, if you dont do modeling OR texturing, you'll be lucky if you get ANY credit... Thus it will hardy be "your gun".

He DID come up with the origional concept  ::)... without that it wouldn't exist. So he would get some credit. It's still HIS origional design.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2005, 20:33:14 by Coldfire »

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2005, 21:03:35 »
Um... Im still doubting it. Do you know who the inventor of the M16 is? That shows how much credit HE got, even though he DID invent it, and without that it wouldnt exzist either.
Same with the AK and all the other guns, the inventors dont get any credit.

Thus, which leads me into doubt.

Also of that topic, it really just looks like an Ingram however the mag is on the side instead of bottom. Not really that different.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2005, 21:06:31 by RujiK »
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Coldfire

« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2005, 21:48:36 »
Um... Im still doubting it. Do you know who the inventor of the M16 is? That shows how much credit HE got, even though he DID invent it, and without that it wouldnt exzist either.
Same with the AK and all the other guns, the inventors dont get any credit.

Thus, which leads me into doubt.

Also of that topic, it really just looks like an Ingram however the mag is on the side instead of bottom. Not really that different.

Anyone who knows anything about firearms knows who Mikhail Kalashnakov-the inventor of the AK series-is admitedly your mostly right about Eugene Stoner, but still lots of people recognize him as the creator of the M16. Besides, the point I'm making is no matter what it's HIS design hence HIS gun.

Back on topic: It looks like a cross between a Sten and a Uzi... not that origional. It certainly doesn't look like a machine gun more like a SMG or machine pistol.

Speaking of weapon designs I made this out of bordom awhile back, anyone like?

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2005, 08:02:57 »
Speaking of weapon designs I made this out of bordom awhile back, anyone like?

Not bad  ;D

Back on topic, there is no reason that gun shouldn't be made. All it needs is a proper picture, so we can see the size etc. Then we can decide wether its a HMG or not  ;)

Personally, I think its a bit thick and chunky.  8)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Coldfire

« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2005, 21:01:39 »
yah, I'd make the barrel longer and slimmer, change the clip design a bit, and make the whole thing alot thinner... it'd be hard to hold the way you have it now.

On a side note if anyone wants to take my design and make it it's fine by me just add me in the credits.

Gunther01

« Reply #12 on: 08 May 2005, 11:16:09 »
I like coldfire's gun.  Nicely done and well thought out, however, the 6.8mm calibre is hardly ever used.  Hate to be pciky, but a more realistic calibre would be 5.56 or 7.62.

And seeing as were putting up our weapon ideas, heres mine, the Gunther Studios M-101 Assault Shotgun
« Last Edit: 08 May 2005, 11:36:10 by Gunther01 »

Coldfire

« Reply #13 on: 08 May 2005, 18:09:49 »
I like coldfire's gun.  Nicely done and well thought out, however, the 6.8mm calibre is hardly ever used.  Hate to be pciky, but a more realistic calibre would be 5.56 or 7.62.

I chose the 6.8mm as a compromise, actually. In my experience the traditional 7.62mm round provides good stopping power but has too much recoil, making it difficult to use full-auto. The standard 5.56mm NATO round is far easier to manage recoil but isn't nearly as potent as a 7.62. The 6.8mm provides a balance between stopping power and recoil that makes it good for medium- and close-range work.

If I were going to make a 7.62mm weapon, I'd make it a long- to medium-range weapon ment to be fired semi-auto most of the time. The M7c design that I posted was a carbine, ment for special forces CQB situations. The M7c is a bit like the M4A1, and like the M4A1 has the M16, the M7c has a larger cousin.

Presenting the M70 assault rifle.
(Yes I did get the external look by crossing a XM8 with a F2000 :P)
« Last Edit: 08 May 2005, 18:12:23 by Coldfire »

Gunther01

« Reply #14 on: 09 May 2005, 08:06:40 »
Hey, that is very nicely done.  Good ideas.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #15 on: 13 May 2005, 19:11:36 »
Even though the Recruitment Depot is down, advertising is not allowed in the forums.     You are permitted to advertise in your signature line, and I believe you are allowed to recruit over on the official forums.   I'm afraid I can't give a date for when the RD will be fixed.   Sorry.

On this board you are allowed to request that addons be made.   There is a dividing line between that ("Woudn't it be nice if somebody made this?") and recruiting ("Come and work for our mod and make this.") and this thread falls on the right side of the line.

So everybody's happy.   :)
« Last Edit: 13 May 2005, 19:12:17 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

ghillisniper_270

« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2005, 00:51:36 »
THANK YOU COLDFIRE for knowing Eugene Stoner and Kalishnikov!  I was almost depressed when I was reading that "nobody knows who they are" and "they don't get credit".  That's like saying that Henry Ford had nothing to do with Ford Motor Company (or the assembly line for that matter)!

Also, about the calibers, since you are inventing a gun, you can invent the caliber you want.  Something to think about is ballistics in general.  There is typically a trade off between stopping power and trajectory, especially when you are worrying about recoil.  I kind of like the idea of the 6.8 compromise, and in fact, there are some very powerfull and accurate cartridges around the 6.5 mm caliber.

Think of three things when thinking of a cartridge:  Velocity, Energy, and Trajectory.  Energy is directly affected by Velocity, and Trajectory is definately affected by Velocity.  Also, the ballistic coefficient is important, but that matters little in this case.  The more powder you have, the faster the bullet, thus more energy, and flatter trajectory.  Furthermore, the bigger the bullet, the SLOWER it goes, but with more energy.

Probably the best thing to think about in this case is wildcats, which are "homemade" cartridges using a large bullet casing necked down to a different bullet caliber than normal.  For instance, take a .250 savage and "neck it down" to a .243.  That idea for a 6.8 mm round is good.  You could (in real life of coarse) play around with cartridge sized and powder charges to get a good, solid, high energy round with a flat, accurate trajectory.  BRILLIANT!!

Sorry to ramble on, I love talking about guns and reloading and stuff.  My wife won't hold those conversations with me, and my friends now live in a different town, so that leaves this forum!  THANKS!

Jimpy

« Reply #17 on: 17 Aug 2005, 18:17:52 »
Your "neat gun" looks unconvincing as a GPMG. It DOES however
look almost  exactly like a "home-made" submachine gun that was
built by/for the Irish Republican Army and captured by the British
security forces in the mid 1970s. The gun is in the right centre of the
attached photo.

The "Northern Ireland Flashpoint Mod (NI Mod)" will feature several
of these improvised weapons.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2005, 23:30:37 by Jimpy »

Jimpy

« Reply #18 on: 14 Sep 2005, 23:30:54 »
Here is the NI mod's model of the improvised submachine gun that resembles your "HPMG":