Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Forward Observer Pack V1.0  (Read 4095 times)

UNN

Re:Forward Observer Pack V1.0
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2005, 23:56:22 »
I could make Hawk 2S19 hit targets at 7000+ meters away, if they
lied on the same plane as the artillery.

To be honest, I'm almost happy with the performance\range as is for the WW2 mortars, short of adjusting how much damage is caused by a round. In a mp mission 2500 meters is enough for indirect fire IMHO, and anything bigger that 81mm could be hard work in a lengthy MP game.

It would be worth trying out missiles, as you said, it should allow you to fire rounds at higher elevations. For anything bigger and bolder than the WW2 mortars, we have CoC's UA.

Again, wrote a function that does just that. How are you at calculus?
Mine is rusty...

Pretty lousy, maths was never my strong point :(

The advantage of the iterative method is, you have the exact XYZ position, Velocity and AOA of a round at any point in time. But if you can incorporate elevation and ETA into NLREG's equations then that has to be a big plus. Used in combination with iteration would produce a pretty robust and comprehensive ballistics solution. NLREG's is still an efficient solution for lobbing, basic shells over a limited range. So probably better, for my basic Mortars.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 2005, 03:58:51 »
are u not gona, make this final, please dont abandon this project, it was really good,

UNN

« Reply #17 on: 15 Aug 2005, 15:57:24 »
Probably not until....at least, the release of Armed Assault. There are to many added functions in VBS that would resolve all my gripes with the current version of the Observer.  So I live in hope.

In the mean time, I'm working on an idea for improved fire control. But the Observer is probably the most obscure, of my obscure addons, and there are so many more addons. That could be made.