Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Aircraft taking off  (Read 1810 times)

Raven

Aircraft taking off
« on: 22 Aug 2002, 19:07:06 »
Hi Guys

Is it possible to get an aircraft to sit on the runway and wait for a radio trigger to tell it to take off. I've tried all the standerd triggers but each time the aircraft rolls down the runway, takes of and usauly gets shot down because the player/players haven't taken out the AAA. The only way I've found to do it so far, is to put a guy in front of the aircraft and call him on a radio trigger to move out of the way. The problem here is the aircraft have their engins on which can be heard all over the map. ???

Thanks in advance

mikeb

Re:Aircraft taking off
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2002, 19:09:26 »
Classic solution for such problems if plane is out of sight for much of the mission is to create a getout WP on the plane with whatever condition you want fulfilled before take-off in its condition box.  then put a getin WP and fly it wherever.

does that do it?

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2002, 19:10:47 »
or use the setfuel command etc.  look at all the heli questions on this forum that are similar.  they all come up with different ways of doing it to cater for your particular mission

Jakerod

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2002, 19:11:50 »
Put an empty A-10 on the runway... Then put a pilot next to it... Give the pilot three waypoints...One outside of the jet one to get into the jet and one to where you want him to go (If you want to give him more after the one to get it that is fine too) Then make a trigger that says radio alpha(or whatever radio you are going to be using) Then scyrchonize that to the first waypoint

Now when the game starts he will go to the first waypoint outside of the A-10...Then when you hit the radio he will get in the plane fly to the next waypoint, then the next one etc.

O yeah it is the same for the SU-25 just replace the A-10 with the SU-25 and the west pilot with the east pilot.

Stalker

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2002, 19:14:08 »
There are 2 way of stoping it from takin off. First is to remove fuel and than add him the fuel using planename setfuel 1 Another way is to place an empty plane and a pilot. In pilot's init fiel type: this lockwp true. Place move waypoint near the pilot and GET IN waypoint on the plane. When the AA guns are destroyed - pilotname lockwp false

Raven

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2002, 19:31:32 »
Ok, I admit it I'm thick. Having a bad day does not help. How do I get the pilot to get into the empty plane, everytime I try, he takes one look at the aircraft an runs down the runway without his plane (look funny though). Sorry guy, help.

Gameer_77

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2002, 19:38:50 »
Make sure the wayoint type is "get-in" and its set directly over the plane.  ;)

8)PEACE

Raven

« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2002, 19:50:10 »
Thanks all, the last two suggestions works a treat.  ;D ;D ;D