Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Message Board Feature  (Read 1662 times)

ProudPotter2490

New Message Board Feature
« on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:09:54 »
Hey everyone!
Most of you will probibally recall a time when you've read a post, time has passed and you'll think "I want to get that script for my mission". But of course you sometimes struggle to find it again :-\!

What about a user-sticky ;D? If theres a post you might want to remember for the future, you can tag it to the board so that you wont loose it in a sea of questions. Basically, a user sticky is exactly like those moderators have. However, only you can see it.

It'd be a nice idea for many people I think but wheather it can be done is a different question entirely :-\.
Thanks!
ProudPotter2490 :afro:

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:New Message Board Feature
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:24:18 »
Hmmm.....that would mean a lot of stickys. Think about how many users we have.  :P

EDIT: Sorry, I just re-read the bit where you said 'only you can see them'  ;)

You could do what I do, and thats add the URL of the topic to your favorites on your computer, so you can find it at the click of a mouse  ;D

« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2005, 19:25:21 by greg147 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:31:37 »
It's a brilliant idea.

I think its unlikely to happen though.   It would take quite a lot of coding even if its possible.    Have you seen it on another YaBB based forum?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:40:44 »
Hey guys.
Unfortunatly I haven't. It was the YaBB bit that I thought would be a problem. It definatly isn't impossible but i would think it would be complicated and time consuming to do.

Perhaps a query to YaBB (or is it Simple Machines?) wouldn't be out of the question though :).

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:59:37 »
or like it in your profile like a notes section that would be good just click your profile scroll down to your notes and there you go plus that should be quite easy (may take up abit of time to do thought)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2005, 21:41:55 »
The YaBB SE project is closed down and the support for it is too. The team went from YaBB SE to that Simple Machines Crap. :-\

I reckon it's very much possible too, although my PHP skills ain't what you could call great. ;) However, I'd rather see other functions getting done before modding the forum. Like getting the Dschulle functions working, a search in Missions Depot and an improved search in Addons Depot. And how about opening up Recruitment Depot? ;D

Those things are priorities IMO.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2005, 08:57:14 »
yh ive also relised the search function in the adons depot doesnt seem to work for me i searched for "Bas" wich should get alot of finds but i didnt get any so i had to manually serch

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2005, 05:36:56 »
Hi ProudPotter2490,

Thanks for the suggestion, it is indeed a very good thought.

Unfortunately, it's not something that can be done for the current system without a very large amount of work being done. More than we accomodate at the moment.

However, that being said, I will note it down and we will look at including it in OFPEC2 if it proves possible.

:)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2005, 22:20:35 »
Hey.
Thanks Noon416. Just like the message board description says:-
Any constructive input
:)

PS: Always nice to hear from the mouth of the top-dog :)!
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2005, 22:22:03 by ProudPotter2490 »

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2005, 15:05:30 »
Bookmark the posts!! :)

The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.