Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: addon request - small/medium cargo planes  (Read 4788 times)

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re:addon request - small/medium cargo planes
« Reply #15 on: 21 Apr 2005, 03:14:12 »
Here are some pics of the real thing:

Front

Front-Left

Right

Rear Left

(Hmmm, comparing the photos, it looks like I'll have to make the nose stubbier)
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2005, 03:17:31 by Student Pilot »

Coldfire

« Reply #16 on: 21 Apr 2005, 05:21:12 »
I still like the Idea of a built in supply drop script... like the one in the WW2 C-47 transport plane.

voodzia

« Reply #17 on: 21 Apr 2005, 17:40:40 »
@Student Pilot
Thank you very much that you've decided to make C-27J Spratan. Here you'll find some photos of this airplane - including cocpit view.
But I'd like to ask you if you could make also C-27A version of this airplane. It's because C-27J is used by USAF since 1997 and we don't have many addons from that time.
If you need more pictures just let me know and I'll spend all day and night to look for them.
Thanks again and good luck with your work.
Kind regards,
voodzia

EDIT: more links with pictures of C-27J Spartan
Cocpit and cargo hold
Lots of various pictures
Different camos (2 pages)
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2005, 21:48:50 by voodzia »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2005, 16:35:17 »
@voodzia
Thanks for the pics!  They will be quite helpful.

What's the difference between the "A" version and the "J" version?  Does the A have a 3 bladed prop while the J a 6 bladed prop?

voodzia

« Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2005, 18:05:18 »
I think that this is an answer to your question:

"Working together, Alenia and Lockheed Martin have developed a glass cockpit version fitted with AE 2100 turboprops and Dowty six-bladed propellers as the C-27J Spartan."

This quotation was taken from this site.
And if you need more pictures of these airplanes please let me know and I'll find them.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #20 on: 23 Apr 2005, 01:02:55 »
Thanks!  I guess one version will have a glass cockpit and 6 bladed props, and the other will have an anologue cockpit and 3 bladed props.

Any pictures you can find of the C-27A cockpit would be appreciated.

voodzia

« Reply #21 on: 23 Apr 2005, 15:46:24 »
I can hardly believe but I can't find any pictures of C-27A cockpit view :( But I found one very good photo of Alenia G.222 cockpit - take a look at it. I'm not sure but I think that these two airplanes have the same cockpits. Here's a quotation from GlobalSecurity.org that makes me think I'm right:

"The U.S. Air Force's C-27 Spartan, nicknamed Chuck, is modified from the G222 airframe manufactured in Naples, Italy, by Alenia, S.P.A. Chrysler Technologies Airborne Systems, Inc., as prime contractor, procured G222-710 aircraft from Alenia, and modified those aircraft by installing upgraded navigation, communication, and mission systems required for C-27A operation."

But if I'm wrong please correct me someone.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2005, 15:47:24 by voodzia »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #22 on: 23 Apr 2005, 16:24:15 »
I'm having the same problem.  I also think the two cockpits are identical, with maybe a small change in avionics.

Thanks for the picture! (That cocpit isn't going to be easy to model)

voodzia

« Reply #23 on: 23 Apr 2005, 18:21:40 »
So I'd suggest to assume that those two cockpits are identical - even if they differ a bit from each other ;)
And regarding modeling the cockpit - if you think that it's gonna be difficult to make it look as realistic as possible then maybe you could find some way to simplify it a bit - I mean just not make it 100% accurate. I guess that from the player's and mission maker's point of view it's more important that this plane was well modeled from the outside - I mean shape, dimensions, right proportions and textures of course. At least that's my opinion if you asked me ;)