Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Just a thought...  (Read 1430 times)

futurehornetdriver

Just a thought...
« on: 23 Aug 2002, 03:29:24 »
No doubt OFP is the best tactical game created for the pc...it's the only game where I enjoy myself as much as I did when SEAL Team came out on pc way back in 1994(that game rocked) and with OFP being such a great game I can understand why modders and addon makers wante to make it better for the gaming community by creating new addon and mods.  The only problem I and alot of other gamers have with them is that most will never be completed or will be when the next best thing comes around and are no longer wanted.  I can't even recall out many full mods are in the works now..it seems like everyone wants to build a mod....and sadly about 95% will never become more than ideas.  Yes we non-modder and addon maker guys understand making vehicles and what not take time and we all have other lives...believe me..I know what it means to have other priorities...but what is the limit on how many projects a person should be working on and what is the limit on just getting things done and releasing them?  some mods have been around since OFP first came out and virtually no progress has been made like Lost Brothers...the last progress I saw from them was a Merkava tank now they continually release gun packs that have absolutely nothing to do with the LB mod.  The only two mods that show promise of ever being finished the most can see are Invasion 1944 and the BW Mod and maybe the Falklands one.  The same thing is true of single addons...the famous line now is "we're gonna include it in our pack..." the honest truth is most just want things as their done....and don't wanna have to wait 6+ months to d/l a HUGE file just to use the one or two vehicles or units that we were waiting for.  I hope the makers don't think I'm trying to be rude or anything I think it's just something most have wanted to say and some have needed to read.....  my 02 cents

PunkerSXDX

Re:Just a thought...
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2002, 08:36:11 »
You make a good point but making an Addon takes time and as I know from experience Problems come up that prevent addons from being finished (which expalnes why you don't see addons with my name on them, but I also suck at cpp files so...) but it's really an Art, and like all things making addons is hit and miss. I don't know if you ever tryed making an addon, but it's hard work. but I don't think asking things to be realeased separate is that much to ask I know I have AOL and this page here takes forever to come up, so Down loading even 1 mb is an all day thing! let alone the 35mb packages! but you have a good point.