Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: this allowfleeing 0  (Read 1776 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
this allowfleeing 0
« on: 26 Mar 2005, 10:15:04 »
im having a problem with the command this allowfleeing 0
the thing is my men dont flee they hide and take cover and stay there for ever and dont seem to move all the waypoints are fine. and the trigger activates and i have this allowfleeing 0 in evey ones init line and also in a trigger for each this allow fleeing wich seems to work for the other side and the other freindly team but not for mine
why is this and is there a way of stopping this

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re:this allowfleeing 0
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2005, 10:25:51 »
From command reference:
Set group courage. The less courage, the sooner will group start fleeing. 0 means maximum courage, 1 means always fleeing.

'Less courage' means allowfleeing 1.

I understood that you have set allowfleeing to 0, which means they will not flee. Maybe you should set it closer to 1, or to 1 if you want them to always flee.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2005, 10:26:07 by Baddo »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2005, 10:56:52 »
the thing is i never want them to flee there waypoint is open fire,engage at will and they have allowfleein 0
but they still hide and not move until a new waypoint is given to them

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2005, 12:33:22 »
Hmm... it's really hard to figure out from your message what is going on in your mission... sorry about that...  :-\

Do you mean that an AI group with an AI leader (allowfleeing 0 setting for all of them) does not move to their next waypoint, if they have a contact with enemy? Maybe they want to take out the enemy before continuing to next waypoint.

I'm quite sure you don't need to have 'allowfleeing 0' in multiple places for same units. That is not the problem I think, but it's wrong.

Please do write your messages in a bit more organized manner.

Example:

"1. AI group is traveling by foot to their next waypoint (open fire, engage at will + allowfleeing 0).

2. They have a contact with enemy.

3. They hide and do not move to their next waypoint at all.

4. When I give them a 'move' command, then they will move. But that's not what I want to do.

I want the group to automatically continue to their next waypoint. What is wrong with them?"

;)

Is that what you mean?

One more thing... is the group in your command?
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2005, 12:40:19 by Baddo »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2005, 12:40:35 »
ok here we go
1. An a.i officer with me in the group and also allwfleeing 0 in everymans init in the group

2. when they lose a few men they hide were they are and get prone

3. but say when a trigger wich is syncronised with them activates then they get up and run until they get shot at again

4. then they hide again and so on

5. so therefore leaving me to do all the work

and also what does it mean when you are told to follow someone cause i havent really taken notice of it

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2005, 12:52:51 »
The 'follow' command is said everytime the group gets a new leader as far as I remember. So your leader has died and another soldier takes command.

What is in your trigger? A 'move' command?

Maybe someone else with fresh experience on this same problem could tell what might be wrong. Maybe it's a OFP 'feature'. You could try and change the allowfleeing command to... let's say 0.5 and see what happens then.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2005, 12:55:34 »
the officer has a command to move engage at will,open fire, full
but yes he does usually die
and the trigger is a not (alive mbp1)
with a switch on it

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2005, 09:09:44 »
ive managed to find why they wont move
i pressed 0,7 wichshould say repeat then 1. says .12 take cover
so they must of lost aload of men so they think they should hide and take cover
i was wondering if there was a script to check if group leader is in hiding/take cover
and then if he is renew the waypoint there on
and if there not in cover then gotto "loop" for exmple if thats possible i would need alittle help as i dont know how to script very well

EDIT. - i also have a trigger set as repeatedlty wich waits for the squad to have 3 men left then create 2 new units
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2005, 09:16:53 by 456820 »

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2005, 23:48:32 »
I'm not entirely sure I get what is going on, but I think the only "problem" is just ofp's AI. The AI wants to lay down and take cover whenever they see the enemy. They don't like just ignoring the enemy's fire and running along willy-nilly. Depending on what you are trying to do, there are a few commands that might help you change the AI's behaviour:

group setcombatmode "yellow"
-> Open fire; do NOT engage at will. This seems to make them hold their formation better.
unit disableAI "target"
-> This will prevent the AI from moving out of formation and engaging the enemy using flanking/cover/etc.
unit setunitpos "up"
-> this will prevent the AI from lying down
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2005, 09:05:21 »
no not like that that happens naturally in the game but
if you know one of the commands is 0,7,6 that was made up but you should know what i mean.
there is a command called hide
and that is what the ai is doing and i want to stop them as it ruins the misssion
they all just lie down in one position and not move until the area is completely clear of enemies

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #10 on: 31 Mar 2005, 17:34:53 »
I'm not entirely sure I get what is going on, but I think the only "problem" is just ofp's AI. The AI wants to lay down and take cover whenever they see the enemy. They don't like just ignoring the enemy's fire and running along willy-nilly. Depending on what you are trying to do, there are a few commands that might help you change the AI's behaviour:

group setcombatmode "yellow"
-> Open fire; do NOT engage at will. This seems to make them hold their formation better.
unit disableAI "target"
-> This will prevent the AI from moving out of formation and engaging the enemy using flanking/cover/etc.
unit setunitpos "up"
-> this will prevent the AI from lying down

My friend, I really think General Barron gave you the answer to your problem. I was also thinking the same about it. AI soldiers are not 'AI' if they don't make decisions on their own how to react to whatever happens in the battlefield. And it seems like your group's leader tries to protect you as long as he/she can see/sense enemies nearby.

It is normal behaviour for the soldiers to go prone and stay in cover in the battlefield. And please... at least try the things what General Barron suggested you to do and see what happens then.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 01 Apr 2005, 09:13:00 »
ok i will i hope it works cause those damn AI just seem to ruin the mission by doing that but thanks for your help anyway